Volleyball To Play Home Matches At Ames High School

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Another huge Nebraska crowd was financially counted on this year, as well as a big crowd for Texas. I don't understand why VB matches can't be moved back to Hilton at the earliest opportunity. Attendance will drop at the high school just because it's an unfamiliar gym. Fewer walk-ups for sure.

“We going into it with plans to be at Ames High the entire year,” Pollard said. “If we are in a fortunate situation to bring the team back to Hilton, we’ll make that decision at an appropriate time

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow - CJL said today at media day that over 800 season tix have been sold, and they are now hoping for 1,000.
Looks like playing at Ames High is having an effect in fans not wanting to be left without a seat. With a facility as big as Hilton, no one has to worry about getting a ticket.
Another reason why, hopefully when $$$ are there, we can build a smaller arena or remodel the Armory for VB and wrestling...

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Not sure if this is true but I think the HS VB court is wider than a college VB court. Also AHS gym is not air conditioned. It got hot during BB games last winter, 2000 people in the AHS gym late summer is going to be down right muggy.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Not sure if this is true but I think the HS VB court is wider than a college VB court. Also AHS gym is not air conditioned. It got hot during BB games last winter, 2000 people in the AHS gym late summer is going to be down right muggy.

Seriously?? This sucks. Christy better turn air conditioners off in practice then too.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's too bad they can't get the Well for the big games.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Ok, why is this such a hard concepts? The Jetson's had this flooding stuff figured out in what.... the 60s?

Just put a big poll under Hilton and raise it up when the weather gets bad
the-jetsons.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron