Vistor sections at SOE

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You can definitely find areas around the stadium that are drunken, angry, and not safe. Some of those are students at house parties as you walk up, and some are "grown ups" in the official parking lots. Not a lot, but enough that it is a real concern. Obviously, that is not the majority.

I have never seen anything like that around JTS, although I am sure stupid stuff happens in the student lots sometimes.

But I will confirm it isn't just students. I was at the Seneca game, and was totally restrained, not obnoxious, as I am a quiet guy anyway. And I was with 3 Hawk fan friends. But I got beer dumped on my by a 50-something woman in the row behind me. Twice. And got shoved and "bumped" in the back of the head a couple times by the old guy with her. This was in a decently high-level donor section probably on about the 40 yard line. Turned around to see wtf was going on and they acted like they didn't know what happened. Nice.

So yeah, HARD NO on ever going back into that place again. I will go and tailgate with friends however - in a church parking lot.

Like a couple of us have said, seems to be bigger issues with the people who were coming of age with Fry. The 30 and under don’t seem to be as nasty.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I have been to a bunch of Iowa Iowa State games at both stadiums. The only time I’ve ever felt the crowd truly got out of hand was 2002. It was ugly outside the stadium and both Hawk and Clone fans were to blame.

The Iowa administration had cracked down in drinking in the parking lots and IC/University Heights PD has cracked down in other areas. The drinking is not anywhere close to what it was ten years ago. As an older guy, it makes it a much better experience. I travel to Ames with a group of 5-10 Clone fans. They almost universally get trashed and it’s 50/50 if they make it into the stadium. That’s their deal though.

In either stadium, I’ve never seen beer thrown at anyone, and, for the most part, I’ve seen nothing except most good natured trash talk. Big Teb fans rate Iowa City as one of the best trips.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
A bit off topic, but KC Chiefs are going to kick any stragglers out of parking lots once their game starts. If you have tickets you can stay and if not you gonna get kicked out of lots.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just got an email about tickets for the EIU game. They are being mailed today.

And it includes a note about the locations for the Visitor's Sections. Horrible.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pollard makes an adjustment in Jack Trice Stadium next year (no longer given a whole lower level section for them as visitors).

b7daf6dd-5f7a-43a8-9bc6-24179977cbc8.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
Just got an email about tickets for the EIU game. They are being mailed today.

And it includes a note about the locations for the Visitor's Sections. Horrible.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pollard makes an adjustment in Jack Trice Stadium next year (no longer given a whole lower level section for them as visitors).

b7daf6dd-5f7a-43a8-9bc6-24179977cbc8.jpg

Not sure what you expected.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not sure what you expected.

I had much better seats two years ago. Then, visitors were scattered around the stadium, so you had better seats, but this year at least the ISU fans will be together.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
I had much better seats two years ago. Then, visitors were scattered around the stadium, so you had better seats, but this year at least the ISU fans will be together.

Not sure where you sat two years ago but visitors were seated in the north endzone until the renovation. I can assure you that your new seats will be much more comfortable than anything in the pre-renovated north endzone.

• Agree
Reactions: benjimill

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
They must change the visitor sections for each game.

My tickets for the UNI game, ordered through UNI, are about half way up in 212. LOL.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Like a couple of us have said, seems to be bigger issues with the people who were coming of age with Fry. The 30 and under don’t seem to be as nasty.

Watch out for those 65 year olds. They nasty folk.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not sure where you sat two years ago but visitors were seated in the north endzone until the renovation. I can assure you that your new seats will be much more comfortable than anything in the pre-renovated north endzone.

I'm still surprised to see that Visitors will only be in the very back rows. Not classy. But maybe that is what it has come to.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
I'm still surprised to see that Visitors will only be in the very back rows. Not classy. But maybe that is what it has come to.

Not classy? Lol, come on. Visitors have been placed in the nosebleeds for a decade in other stadiums. Don't make this a "classy" thing.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
That age can get their undies in a wad quite bad, but the 75 and older crowd, the old blue hairs, are the the worst.

Oh ya, I have seen some pushy oldies. Some who buy tickets in areas where you have to stand to see the game and expect to sit down. Those are the best ones.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Help Support Us

Become a patron