Vikings win ugly

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I now bet a minority of people on this website will start threads with spoilers in the name just to SPITE this thread. (Cybookie anyone?) And ya know what, nobody can stop you. Enjoy your freedom. But don't deny acting like pompous child about not needing to be "courteous" or have any "manors."

Actually, I have never started a thread with a spoiler title. My point is that I find the whole idea to be a joke. To worry about the verbage that I use on a message board because somebody may have Tivo'd something is not a matter of courtesy. It's hilarious. As far as being a "pompous child" goes, I can't argue with the fact that this thread has got under my skin. However, I think it is equally pompous and childish to think that anybody gives a flaming fig about whether or not you've Tivo'd a game. How about taking some personal responsibility for it?
And in regards to people starting spiteful spoiler threads from now on, I think that you are way off base. In fact, I'm going to be very careful to watch my words, lest some poor soul has the Lake Placid Olympics on Betamax and has not had time to watch it yet.

Here are some other possible topics:

Americans "surprised" at Pearl Harbor (Spoilers within)
Discuss "incident" in Dallas involving JFK
1989 World Series "Rumblings"
The Pope: Less alive than yesterday?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
This is ridiculous.

I've watched a number of games via my DVR and I know better than to visit about any sports related internet site if I'm watching a game behind schedule.

C'mon...people are going to post about it...especially the local games...you have to expect that.

Going off about someone posting in the thread title the result of a game because you're watching it on your DVR? Wow...we may have seen it all here...

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
The first half was a major bummer and I felt just like I did when they were 3-6. Fortunately, they remembered somethnig from the 4 wins and squeeked it out. I am still cautiously optimistic about winning out. 10-6 is freakin amazing given how disjointed our offense looks sometimes. Only one thing can fix it - TJax getting better. He definitely had happy feet last night and it showed with some poor throws and a bunch of picks. On another note, they definitely have to keep people honest on the pass to help the run, and maybe mix up the running plays enough to keep em guessin.

Go Vikes!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Going off about someone posting in the thread title the result of a game because you're watching it on your DVR? Wow...we may have seen it all here...

guess i am not finished...i know someone mentioned the DVR. i however do not even have one. I just don't think it was a necessary title, never said I could stop someone from doing it, I don't plan to try - it's a battle i won't win and don't wanna fight. But I did NOT DVR that game and I didn't see it because I had to work and I came on here and saw it in the title thread, just thought it could have been named something different just to be nice (for no other reason than being courteous i guess.) people please stop getting your panties in a bunch over this, if you don't like thread 101 you don't have to do anything about it, so go on and post spoilers. Also bringing up events way in the past like *spoiler* the titanic sunk is just stupid, that is a terrible analogy to posting who won a particular game the night of the game in the thread title.

the thing i just don't wanna see is someone aimlessly coming on here for something about the Cyclones and see something unrelated they may not have wanted to see such as this thread or a better example would be say someone made an off-topic thread entitled "what do you think of main character dying in popular new movie" when that person was planning on seeing it later. If that was me, I would be pissed off. I personally would not get pissed about a football game I missed because of work, but still these types of situations is why people don't put spoilers in the title of a thread in the first place. just for courteousy sake. And I give kudos to the people who try to avoid it.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
it's a battle i won't win and don't wanna fight.

Then why are you still going on and on and on and on about it?
confused.gif

Again, if someone is watching a game behind real-time, they should have the smarts to stay away from the internet until they're caught up.

And if they don't - it's nobody's fault but theirs.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
My point is that coming to a sports message board with the expectation to not see anything relating to a game that has already ended is unreasonable. Frankly, you're just not that special. In fact, no one is that special. Personally, I wouldn't post a thread with a "spoiler" title, but that does not mean that I can expect everyone else to do so. Message boards, and the internet in general serve the purpose of spreading information. I can't help it if you don't like the information that you find. Not my problem. Sorry if that sounds crass, but them's the brakes.
In addition, I am totally upset about my 5th amendment rights. I plan on perjuring myself several times in the future, and was counting on having those around.

Man, I was telling myself 1st ammendment the whole time I was typing, and I still typed 5th Ammendment.

:wink:

Oh well, enough on this topic. How about that new kicker we signed!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I think the Democrats may have the start of new plank here-- TIVO rights!!!

What a country.

Last edited: