Vikings make play for Sage Rosenfels

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
It was briefly mentioned on a Houston Sports Talk show this evening... conversation talked about Sage being "an eventual Starter like a Jake D of Carolina" and was mainly on what Houston would do if their starter got hurt again / didn't perform well because Sage did so well when he did start...

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
So he would be the backup? Any chance he'd start?
I don't think there's any doubt they're bringing him in to challenge for the starting position. As far as what I've seen on the field recently, I don't think it will be a contest. I don't think Jackson is really even in his league...I can't imagine how good our offense would have been towards the end of last season if Sage was facing single safety defenses....I mean it was evident by the end of the season that the opposition was daring Jackson to beat them, and he couldn't.

Having said all that, I'm really excited, and they don't have him yet.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I wish the Bears would have made a play for him rather going for Grossman. I doubt they'll get to the playoffs again with Grossman.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
I am a little surprised that Houston would let him go even if it was for a 3rd rounder. With Matt Schaub getting hurt and Sage comming into those games last year, there is no way the Texans make the playoffs without Sage playing so well. Didn't Kubiak when he was hired for the Texans make a pitch to get Sage because he fit his offensive scheme?

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
Unfortunately it was reported on the Vikings Message board that the Texans and Vikes are cutting off talks over Sage I was kind of excited to sage in purple but I guess not now.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
WHEW! I got a sage texans jersey for christmas. thank god he
1) won't be going to the viqueens and
2) hasn't already rendered my jersey outdated.

Least he didn't go to the "Fudge" id hate to have to root against a former cyclone player.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Never been much of a Vikings fan, but at least it won't be a conflict of interest for me as a Chiefs fan (at least not for three out of every four years). Good for Sage! :yes:

EDIT: Oh, I didn't read that part that said the talks were being cut off. Well...I guess good for him that he's getting some attention at least...

Last edited:

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
I think that Sage benefited from Kubiak, I cannot believe that Texans will let him go though. At least not for a 3rd round pick