Vikings fans: Any interest in Trent Green?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
What is so bad about Tarvaris Jackson? He is raw, but improved and has the tools. I can see him being a very good NFL quarterback down the road.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
What is so bad about Tarvaris Jackson? He is raw, but improved and has the tools. I can see him being a very good NFL quarterback down the road.

That's where my fear lies. My fear is the rest of the team (WR being the other exception) is ready to make a run now. In a few years when TJ is finally groomed and ready, what are the chances of the rest of the team still being in as good as shape as they are now? Not good, unfortunately for us Vikings fans. And don't get me wrong, we don't need an all pro, just someone effective enough to take some pressure off the running game and keep the defenses guessing.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
When I read the thread title, I thought this was about something else. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
Trent would be a fine backup but we need to build up a quarterback of the future. I'm not sure if Tavaris is the guy. If he can stay healthy, improve his mechanics, and make better decisions maybe he can do it. Otherwise, the jury is still out on him.

coopaloop72

Jan 14, 2008

I agree. Finally a vikings fan who realizes that most quarterbacks aren't ben roethlisberger and win 15 games as a first year starter. TJack is 8-4 as a starter and will only get better. Bringing in Trent Green will only be bad for the vikes because the fans will get down on TJack even more and boo every little thing until they put in Trent green.

I think the vikes are going to surprise people next year and make a playoff run WITH Tjack at the helm.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
Trent Green is a tragic story waiting to happen (ala Mike Webster) if he does not hang up the cleats. As for the Vikings while I would like them to get a veteran QB as a backup. Chili has his wagon hitched to Jackson and I think he should stick it out another year. Jackson has all the physical talent but not the experiance and the only way to get it is to play. The 4th quarter of the Denver game gave me hope for the future.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
I agree. Finally a vikings fan who realizes that most quarterbacks aren't ben roethlisberger and win 15 games as a first year starter. TJack is 8-4 as a starter and will only get better. Bringing in Trent Green will only be bad for the vikes because the fans will get down on TJack even more and boo every little thing until they put in Trent green.

I think the vikes are going to surprise people next year and make a playoff run WITH Tjack at the helm.

I am not a big hater of Tjack I just can't get around the fact he has had a year and a half to learn the offense and develop his accuracy and technique. Niether has happened he doesn't know the offense any better and his skills have not improved from Day 1. I more than anybody want him to succeed but its going to take alot for him to improve.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee

Man do I hope you're right!

clone11

Jul 12, 2006
No way! Trent is a huge bait! Stick with TJ for one more year, as he has only started 15 games. I would feel better with Tyler Peschong than baitface Green.
Thanks,
Markov

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
Sage signed a two year deal, he's got one year left, and no way Houston lets him go for anything less than a 2nd round pick. He's too important, given Shaub's fragility.

I think Seneca signed a 3 year deal at the beginning of last year, so he's probably out too, though Seattle picked up Charlie Frye from Cleveland last year, in exchange for a 6th round pick.

The Vikings will definitely pick up a veteran QB this off-season, they can't go with crappy unproven players in the 2 and 3 deep at the most important offensive position. My guess is that they'll take a flyer on a QB in the sixth or seventh round, like Brad Johnson was selected 14 years ago.

The Vikings big boneheaded move was not protecting Tyler Thigpen, and allowing him to go to KC. He sure looked like the perfect #3 quarterback, young and raw, but potential.

My guess? Vikings pick up Brad Pennington sometime in the next four months.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
THAT would be sweet.................What about Seneca??????

Bring over Sage Rosenfels

Did you guys see this:

SI.com - Writers - Don Banks: Rosenfels, Collins become wanted men - Thursday February 28, 2008 5:11PM

According to a league source, Minnesota is offering Houston a third-round 2008 draft pick in exchange for backup Sage Rosenfels, who went 4-1 last season in place of injured Texans starter Matt Schaub. Houston, which finished a franchise-best 8-8 last season, is said to be seeking a second-round pick in exchange for Rosenfels, who is not a free agent.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
I'd be very pleased with Sage. Not just because he played at ISU, but because of hos results on the NFL field so far. He manages the game well and plays within his abilities.