NFL: Vikings are the worse coached team

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Wade Phillips coached teams have outgained their opponents by over 100 yards in each of the last two weeks and lost both. It's not close.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
My only hope is that Wade gets canned after the season and somehow, someway Jerry finds a way to hire Bill Cowher. Then my hope is that Jerry leaves him alone to coach the team his way.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
When Wade was first hired COlin Cowherd laughed and said he would never win there. A few years later and he hasn't won anything. By win, I meant Super Bowls or getting close to it anyway.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I think egos getting in the way of success is becoming a common theme in the NFC this year, wether it's Jerry Jones, Childress or Ted Thompson.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Finally back from my trip to the dome. My first nfl game there, and it was fun watching a game in person where I was neutral to both teams. Only the cowboys could make a game so easy for Minny to win that Farve's arm was hardly needed. Romo went into "bad farve" mode for him. I love the cowboys play calling. Run the ball up the middle and then through screen pass after screen pass to the running backs for little to no gain. It's not all on Wade, the entire coaching staff needs to be fired at least on the offensive side of the ball.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm pretty sure that both Wade Phillips and Norvell Turner have stakes in that claim. But Chilly certainly is in that running as well.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Childress is a terrible coach for no other reason than even though he was a QB coach who apparently made McNabb what he is today or whatever, he has to rely on his offense being led by a 41-year old QB.

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
Ha ha ha ha this game was great. The cowboys self distructed. But seriously, neither team is making it to the playoffs probably.

Although I did like the fact that Green Bay and the Bears lost!

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Can the " worsed coach team" make it to OT of a division championship game? I say no.

Doesn't mean you have to be a Chilly fan, but "worst"? No

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I would say it's a tight race between Wade Phillips and Childress.

I'm sorry, Norv Turner gets a seat at the table of this discussion. The guy has done even less than Marty Schottenheimer, the guy who he replaced. Not to mention, when Tony Dungy was critiquing Turner and the Chargers last week, Turner's only defense was "Yeah? How about those 6 picks that Manning threw against us? Or how about that TD return our guy has against you?" as if this somehow is supposed to discredit Dungy's expert opinion. Wanna know my opinion, Turner? Dungy has something on his ring finger that you don't have - a Super Bowl Championship ring. Perhaps he should have more than the one he has, but the one he has is more than you'll ever have. So, as far as I'm concerned, Turner can have "fun" with those 6 pick-offs of Peyton Manning and and the 1 kickoff return for a TD. Because those "accomplishments" don't make you a better coach than Dungy, and his criticism of the Chargers and his coaching still remains valid.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I'm sorry, Norv Turner gets a seat at the table of this discussion. The guy has done even less than Marty Schottenheimer, the guy who he replaced. Not to mention, when Tony Dungy was critiquing Turner and the Chargers last week, Turner's only defense was "Yeah? How about those 6 picks that Manning threw against us? Or how about that TD return our guy has against you?" as if this somehow is supposed to discredit Dungy's expert opinion. Wanna know my opinion, Turner? Dungy has something on his ring finger that you don't have - a Super Bowl Championship ring. Perhaps he should have more than the one he has, but the one he has is more than you'll ever have. So, as far as I'm concerned, Turner can have "fun" with those 6 pick-offs of Peyton Manning and and the 1 kickoff return for a TD. Because those "accomplishments" don't make you a better coach than Dungy, and his criticism of the Chargers and his coaching still remains valid.

Actually, they both have 2 rings.