VIDEO: Mike Gundy's Pre-ISU Press Conference

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Always been a big fan of Gundy and what he’s done at OSU, especially being in the shadow of OU all the time. Just not as big of a fan of hoping OSU succeeds now that ISU is competing at the top of the Big 12.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Aclone

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
hes losing it
and we are in for a dog fight

I'm hoping having John Kolar on our team this year gives ISU a big edge on understanding OSU's offense but it's probably more an advantage in my head than in reality. OSU is going to run with Hubbard a lot and the D is going to have to stop him quickly and consistently.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm hoping having John Kolar on our team this year gives ISU a big edge on understanding OSU's offense but it's probably more an advantage in my head than in reality. OSU is going to run with Hubbard a lot and the D is going to have to stop him quickly and consistently.

I didn't like the way Tech ran on us last week, I am sure Gundy saw that and will try to do the same. We have to tackle much better, we are getting better as the year goes on but we've been worse this year season than the last few. Even Rose missed a few last week that would have been tfl but turned in to decent gains.

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
I didn't like the way Tech ran on us last week, I am sure Gundy saw that and will try to do the same. We have to tackle much better, we are getting better as the year goes on but we've been worse this year season than the last few. Even Rose missed a few last week that would have been tfl but turned in to decent gains.

Gotta stop Chiba, getting 30 carries a game and a 6.5 yard/carry average

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I think there's two reasons for that: 1) there just isn't much respect for OSU in the OK media (much like how media here treats ISU vs Iowa), and 2) Gundy has basically invited by saying something back.

It doesn't matter what question you ask Campbell, you're going to get the same grab-bag response about process and details. I love Campbell, but having press conferences with him is the most pointless thing on the planet.

Media member: Coach, what color of panties does your wife wear?

Campbell: Yeah, that's a great question. To be honest with you, we have to get better with the details. This is my favorite group of kids thus far, and I have a lot of confidence that they're going to stick with the process, grind, and get better in the margins.

Maybe if this state had competent sports writers that weren't buddy buddy with the staff we'd learn more from them.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I think he over shares a little bit. Gets kind of preachy. Still a likable guy, but the mullet makes sense if you get my drift.

Yep. Sounds like a grumpy old dude that refuses to accept that the world is different than the one he grew up in.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I thought the same thing. They’re due to show out

OSU can definitely score points but will they have the patience to try to sustain long drives? IMO that is the Pokes biggest weakness on offense.

Defensively, they are bad. Iowa State should be able to move the ball up and down the field on them.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I liked that he said Brock would play in the NFL. The guy knows quarterbacks.

The exchange about Breece was funny. At first he agreed that seeing Breece like watching Chuba last year—then said “But he’s not from Canada!”

When someone else pointed out that Breece was instead from Wichita, he exclaimed, “Don’t compare him to him!”

For those of you who don’t know, Cowboy legend Barry Sanders was from Wichita.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think there's two reasons for that: 1) there just isn't much respect for OSU in the OK media (much like how media here treats ISU vs Iowa), and 2) Gundy has basically invited by saying something back.

It doesn't matter what question you ask Campbell, you're going to get the same grab-bag response about process and details. I love Campbell, but having press conferences with him is the most pointless thing on the planet.

Media member: Coach, what color of panties does your wife wear?

Campbell: Yeah, that's a great question. To be honest with you, we have to get better with the details. This is my favorite group of kids thus far, and I have a lot of confidence that they're going to stick with the process, grind, and get better in the margins.

This year's new added 'thing' has been about being the best version of who they can be unless he's said that prior.

In the OSU one he called Chris Williams 'Christopher' before answering which I thought was funny.