VIDEO: Aaron Rodgers loves Allen Lazard

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
As a lifelong Vikings fan, it's really confusing as I find myself at least in part rooting for the Packers and Bears each week thanks to AL and DM. I just hope Purdy turns himself into a first round talent, gets drafted by Min after his senior season, and goes on to play 15 years and win multiple super bowls with them.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Great to see. Once he caught that TD his hands got better. He clearly wanted the ball.

His blocking and ability to get 5-10 yards on the outside are roster worthy.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I wonder how much of his praise for Lazard is also calling out the lack of concern by other receivers.
"Allen pays attention in meetings...."

pretty sure that was a shot at how much Rogers treats this as a business.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As a lifelong Vikings fan, it's really confusing as I find myself at least in part rooting for the Packers and Bears each week thanks to AL and DM. I just hope Purdy turns himself into a first round talent, gets drafted by Min after his senior season, and goes on to play 15 years and win multiple super bowls with them.
As a fellow Cyclone and Viking fan, I hope Brock never EVER plays for the Minnesota.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

As a Packers fan, I hope the Bears lose every game despite a valiant effort from DM. I think that's a happy medium.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Apparently there's some controversy whether it was actually a TD
His knee was done outside the end zone. That said he didn't have control of the ball until he was fully in the ez. That was how it was described by someone here last night.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Awesome for Allen. Hard work pays off. They'll have a tough time keeping him off the field now.
Also, absolutely gorgeous throw by Rodgers. Lazard was the only guy who could make a play on it. With all the love and attention being lavished on Mahomes (rightly so), it's easy to forget the arm talent that Rodgers still has.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
His knee was done outside the end zone. That said he didn't have control of the ball until he was fully in the ez. That was how it was described by someone here last night.

That's how I saw it too, just read an article about the bad officiating in that game and his td was one of the calls mentioned.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Probably goes to the Lions as Matthew Stafford's replacement in 2 years.

• Agree
Reactions: cyinne

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
There is definitely room for Allen to carve out a role. The packers have 1 great receiver (Adams) , 1 decent to good (MVS) and the rest are 4th or 5 guys at best. When Adams gets back I’d love to see him in the slot with Lazard playing wide next to him. Allen would have 1 on 1 matchups all day and Adams would be carving up nickels and safeties.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011

I actually had to go watch it again, but you could argue he was down at the 1. Knee hit just before he crossed the endzone.

Im glad he got the score tho, cheers to him

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's never fun watching the Pack win but I'll admit, AL's TD catch got this old lifelong Bears fan on his feet. It's always great seeing ISU kids do well in the league but seeing Lazard have success is an entirely different level. He could have went somewhere else and won more games, he stayed home and ended up being one of (probably THE) most important players in the football programs rebuild. He deserves this, can't describe how happy I am to see him getting the pub he's getting. The Rodgers comments, Sportscenter, SVP, he's earned it all. The best part, this is just the beginning for him.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Even though I've pulled for the other Chicago teams to varying degrees my whole life, living in Chicago for 15 years after leaving ISU actually pushed me away from being a Bears fan in a pretty major way. It's sooooooo easy to cheer for AL and the Packers. I'd compare the lack of grasp on reality of a typical Bears fan living in Chicago to the same level of delusion that Nebraska football fans have had for the past 15 years. It's pretty identical.

Those of you who dislike GB because you're Vikings fans, I have no clue about that. Now that I don't live in Chicago it will be easier for me to follow their games cheering on DM. I just couldn't get on board with millions of people in mass delusion/hysteria that was the local Bears fan base and especially local insane media.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: burn587 and Peter