VetMed RV Parking

NEcycloneFan

Aug 16, 2022
Can anyone tell me if there is WiFi available in the VetMed parking lot while tailgating? We are trying this out for the first time and wondering how everyone gets access to the game on TV while staying there? Thank you in advance! :)

Reactions: Bluffers

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I doubt there's Wifi and even if there is, it likely wouldn't be fast enough, or there'd be too many people connected to stream video

I assume most RVs use something like this to watch games

Or you could try getting a mobile cellular hot spot, but similar issue with wifi, the networks are so jammed I doubt you'd get a good enough signal to stream

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

NEcycloneFan

Aug 16, 2022
Thank you for the feedback! I was hopeful, but didn't think there would be wifi. HAHA! I will look into the Satellite TV for an RV, appreciate that! :)

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I doubt there's Wifi and even if there is, it likely wouldn't be fast enough, or there'd be too many people connected to stream video

I assume most RVs use something like this to watch games
I agree, Dish Satellite TV is really the only way to go for RVing or for tailgating. We've used it for those purposes for more than 13 years and it works great.

https://www.dishformyrv.com/

Reactions: DSMCy

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
If you want to stream you could try and get starlink satellite I telnet from SpaceX.

Reactions: ISUcyclones11

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Can anyone tell me if there is WiFi available in the VetMed parking lot while tailgating? We are trying this out for the first time and wondering how everyone gets access to the game on TV while staying there? Thank you in advance! :)
Why don't you just get tickets to the game?

Reactions: dafarmer

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
You'd be surprised how many people just simply enjoy the tailgating atmosphere and having it on TV right there as opposed to going inside the stadium. Put me on that list for the most part.
This and they could be wanting to watch other games before the Cyclone game.

Reactions: VeloClone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Does the university have a university wide wifi connection? If someone who is currently attending the university has a login, you may be able to us that. But I am not sure what kind of network the university has from a wifi standpoint.

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
We have DISH RV that we have at every game. Since this game will be on ESPN+ though, and you have to stream it, unless someone knows something I don't (which is entirely possible) you wont be able to stream. As people have stated, the networks are so jammed you wont get enough signal. Starlink would be an option if you want to pay for it.

Hill4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 25, 2009
Minneapolis
Totally agree on the streaming not being an option on a cell hot spot. US Cellular might be different but I have Verizon and on game day I struggle to get the CBS Sports app to even show scores. We use the old school direct tv and bring two boxes and TV's. With more content going to streaming hopefully the internet availability comes along with it. This will be our second year with our own RV in the Vet Med lots. Besides the stress of where to park before the lots open and the scramble to get a spot, can't beat a football weekend in the RV!

Reactions: aauummm

Hill4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 25, 2009
Minneapolis
My husband and daughter are going. I'll be the super pregnant lady in the parking lot choosing to stay back incase it's 100 degrees. :) Otherwise I would be joining them!
My wife is the same (minus the pregnant part). 5’ and does not enjoy crowds. She will probably stay back at the rv for most games even though we have seats on the rail in the balcony. We will be the couple with MN plates and will most likely have a new lab puppy. Another excuse for her to stay behind. Can’t wait for the 1st Friday night after we get set up! New addition this year is a better couch inside and a solo stove for outside.

Reactions: NEcycloneFan

NEcycloneFan

Aug 16, 2022
My wife is the same (minus the pregnant part). 5’ and does not enjoy crowds. She will probably stay back at the rv for most games even though we have seats on the rail in the balcony. We will be the couple with MN plates and will most likely have a new lab puppy. Another excuse for her to stay behind. Can’t wait for the 1st Friday night after we get set up! New addition this year is a better couch inside and a solo stove for outside.
I do personally enjoy tailgating more than going to the game. So it's a win-win for my husband and myself. We will watch out for you guys. We have Nebraska plates and trying this out for the first time. Might be something we do more next year with the kids. They will enjoy having a puppy in the parking lot!

Reactions: carvers4math

Hill4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 25, 2009
Minneapolis
I do personally enjoy tailgating more than going to the game. So it's a win-win for my husband and myself. We will watch out for you guys. We have Nebraska plates and trying this out for the first time. Might be something we do more next year with the kids. They will enjoy having a puppy in the parking lot!
If you like tailgating, then being in the RV lot will be a great experience. Friday night after every one is set up, grabbing a couple of beverages and walking around chatting with folks, knowing that for the next 36 hours you have nothing else to do except enjoy the experience. Firepits and Friday night football games or playoff baseball playing on TV's outside. Saturday rolls around and seeing all the other lots fill up and the excitement build. Gameday on the TV (although I hate ESPN, it is a necessary evil) and the early games starting before everyone starts making their way to Jack Trice. One of the best times of year!

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
I have never done the vet med RV parking, but last year was our first official year with our own RV pass. We have had an absolute blast years prior buying RV passes randomly for sale so ponying up and getting our own was a no brainer. The new RV village will be interesting to get used to, but as @Hill4Cy said, it is such a great experience setting up on Friday and being able to just chill out the whole weekend.