Very Slow Start to 2019?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I just wanted to get some opinions from Mark or others on what they are seeing this late winter. We are very slow at work and i expect it somewhat at this time of year but it seems like every year gets a little slower. Interest rates were a little higher and we've had a long, cold winter but I don't think that explains everything.

I did hear that the Des Moines MLS noted sales were down 34% from either Dec. or last year (didn't quite hear). They of course blamed the weather but that is a Significant drop. I'm also wondering if the Government Shut Down had a big effect because Fannie and Freddie have become so important to the market.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My office handles real estate and abstract work and I can tell you we are slow on those fronts right now. Just not much moving right now. I imagine the snow and cold isn't helping.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
My guess is that when the first signs of spring hit, and folks believe that warmer weather is here to stay, that things are going to get bonkers. Sellers and buyers are out there, they’re just waiting for the signs from Mother Natture, then it’s going to be nuts.

Reactions: chadly82