Versus

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hoiberg vs. McDermott, Rhoads vs. Chizik, just thought I'd put a couple easy ones out there.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Stovetop stuffing ftw

Stovetop is for people that are too lazy to Google-search a real stuffing recipe. While it's passable most of the year, bring that crap to the Thanksgiving table and that person should be thrown out of the house with nothing but that Stovetop to eat.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Stovetop is for people that are too lazy to Google-search a real stuffing recipe. While it's passable most of the year, bring that crap to the Thanksgiving table and that person should be thrown out of the house with nothing but that Stovetop to eat.

I have a family member who brings an entire box of Stovetop and eats it himself. I don't think that can be healthy. :smile:

(And "stuffing" vs. "dressing" - I vote "stuffing.")

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Jack Johnson vs. Ben Harper?

Steak vs. prime rib?

Toothpick vs. floss?

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
stuffing and dressing are not the same thing. Stuffing goes inside the bird, but dressing is made on a stove. Dressing is superior.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Jack Johnson vs. Ben Harper?

Steak vs. prime rib?

Toothpick vs. floss?

Kramer vs. Kramer?

Ecks vs. Sever?

Megashark vs. Giant Octopus?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Christmas vs. thanksgiving

Christmas. I'm not a big Thanksgiving person - I love the family time, but don't really need the gorge-myself meal. (I'm also just not a huge fan of turkey. It's okay, but not my favorite or anything.)

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I have a family member who brings an entire box of Stovetop and eats it himself. I don't think that can be healthy. :smile:

(And "stuffing" vs. "dressing" - I vote "stuffing.")

I do this at my in-laws. My MIL knows I don't like her stuffing (sweet style) so she'll gladly make the Stovetop for me. Whole box is mine!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I do this at my in-laws. My MIL knows I don't like her stuffing (sweet style) so she'll gladly make the Stovetop for me. Whole box is mine!

How do you walk after that?!? I like the flavor of Stovetop, but it always has a few random crunchy pieces in it that just ruin the whole experience.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
How do you walk after that?!? I like the flavor of Stovetop, but it always has a few random crunchy pieces in it that just ruin the whole experience.

I'm a freak of nature when it comes to packing in the food on holidays.

If I have the choice I'll take real stuffing over stovetop though.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Christmas. I'm not a big Thanksgiving person - I love the family time, but don't really need the gorge-myself meal. (I'm also just not a huge fan of turkey. It's okay, but not my favorite or anything.)

I agree with just about all of this except about the whole gorging of oneself. If I am presented with the options of either ham or turkey, it's going to be ham 100 percent of the time.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I agree with just about all of this except about the whole gorging of oneself. If I am presented with the options of either ham or turkey, it's going to be ham 100 percent of the time.

You can't gravy up ham as much, but it has more intrinsic flavor.

My grandma has this amazing baked spaghetti recipe that she puts Jack Daniels into that she makes at Christmas. That may be my favorite food in the whole world, that's enough of a reason for Christmas to win every time.