Verkleren's top 3

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
A buddy informed me that Allar's dad is reporting that Verkleren's top 3, in no order, is MN, PSU, NCST.

Doesn't look good for ISU. At this point would assume he follows Allar to MN.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We are going to have a lot of scholarship dollars to spend again. Downey, Boston, Nardo, Allar. And now Verkleeren and Smith still up in the air

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We are going to have a lot of scholarship dollars to spend again. Downey, Boston, Nardo, Allar. And now Verkleeren and Smith still up in the air

Wonder if nardos money was already figured into some of these recruits. Would like to use some to grab either smith or verkleeren and hold onto them.

If he's leaving, is it a safe bet that the Paulsens will not be retained in any capacity?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Nardo and Boston left at semester, so all the recruits would have been committed already.

I would say that it is a safe bet that the Paulsons are longshots now to be on the staff

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don't think they know. They will land somewhere and they will build a program.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So we are getting information from a recruits dad, but the last time we had word from the recruit he said he was staying? I hate these rumors, as there is no basis for much of it. We have a wrestler's father, one that was always going to go to Minn unless the program was sanctioned, giving out information that hasn't been verified by anyone right now. You search Verkleeren and there is no mention of any of this. Flo and TOM haven't picked it up. While it may be true I think all of us here have less than 10% of the facts. I honestly think if Dresser wants him he can go get him. he did it with Gomez, I have no doubt he can again.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I have heard that he is looking and on Flo podcast it is mentioned that he asked for a release. He just did not put it on social media. I think it is true that he is looking. Whether we have a chance I don't know. I know the Paulsons are a huge reason he was coming to Iowa State.
But the Paulsons won't be at Minnesota, PSU or NCST either.

Also the other unknown is, who has contacted Dresser about transferring to Iowa State? That is something that may be happening behind the scenes that we don't know, esp if a majority of the VT staff comes to Iowa State

Go to 7 minute mark of this podcast on Flo
http://www.flowrestling.org/article/52652-frl-183-seeding-and-suriano-scenario-s

• Informative
Reactions: jkbuff98

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
Where do u think Allar's dad got his info? Something tells me his source is pretty close to the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

MyronDamMixon

Jul 19, 2016
That sucks if true. My understanding is PSU is out? Hes not nessasarily a fan and they are pretty well stocked at 49 and 57. In dont see minny in the mix either. The reason is we all know the head coach is a wait n see situation. Things at minny are still rocky IMO. So gonna go out on a limb here, I can see Rutgers as a real possibility. I believe they have been after him hard for a long time. I think Rutgers is a program moving in the right direction. Albeit slowly they are building and improving as a program. I think hes going to go where hes gonna be in the mix immediately.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Well I think Minny would be in the mix. Eggum got the interim tag pulled and is the official head coach. It appears that Verkleeren and Allar are friends. With Stroker and Early leaving Minny, I think there is probably some money avialable

MyronDamMixon

Jul 19, 2016
Well I think Minny would be in the mix. Eggum got the interim tag pulled and is the official head coach. It appears that Verkleeren and Allar are friends. With Stroker and Early leaving Minny, I think there is probably some money avialable

I disagree. Believe me the attendance is dwindling and apathy has startied to set in. Not a good sitch there at all! If they aren't wresting Iowa their home duels have been a yawn fest. Eggum is a nice guy but not very inspiring. Trust me buf it's a wait and see scenario. Pulling the interim tag had to be done to stop the bleeding and stabilize recruiting solely for the present.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Out of the 3, Minny seems to be the one if he's not coming here, based on items already discussed.

As for our situation, we have a **** ton of scholly money to provide (relatively speaking). Need to find guys to give it to, I guess.

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I would guess that things are potentially happening behind the scenes. I think a lot depends on Robie & VT position. I think if Robie doesn't end up VT head coach, a higher amount of VT recruits/transfers might happen.

Curious what happens with the Pitt job. I wonder if Robie applied for that.

• Agree
Reactions: csteve

CloneWR

Nov 1, 2016
I disagree. Believe me the attendance is dwindling and apathy has startied to set in. Not a good sitch there at all! If they aren't wresting Iowa their home duels have been a yawn fest. Eggum is a nice guy but not very inspiring. Trust me buf it's a wait and see scenario. Pulling the interim tag had to be done to stop the bleeding and stabilize recruiting solely for the present.

I think you are out of touch. I Follow MN as well (live here now) and attendance increased drastically this season with only one home dual last season having a greater attendance than any of the Duals this season. Probably only a handful of schools with greater attendance this season. Those close to program are really excited about the future under Eggum and AD looking at him as long term solution.

MyronDamMixon

Jul 19, 2016
I think you are out of touch. I Follow MN as well (live here now) and attendance increased drastically this season with only one home dual last season having a greater attendance than any of the Duals this season. Probably only a handful of schools with greater attendance this season. Those close to program are really excited about the future under Eggum and AD looking at him as long term solution.

Attendance has increased drastically this season? Show me where it says that. I listen to the guillotine and that's not really the impression/ situation portrayed there IMO. Hey maybe those close to the program are excited about Eggs but the fan base as a whole is underwhelmed. Just visit their boards for a taste of that.

83cy

May 14, 2006
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what Allers dad said.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron