Venue names for stadiums good and bad

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I always enjoyed the Tampa Bay Buccaneer's old stadium nicknamed "The Big Sombrero." I also enjoy the Piston's arena "The Palace at Auburn Hills."

One dumb one that I never understood was "The Ballpark At Arlington" Texas Rangers' stadium. I'm sure it's been commericalized now, but honestly, is that the best they could come up with?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Carver Hawkeye is sometimes called the Echo. Due to the sounds of the fan bouncing off the other empty seats.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
wasn't Minute Maid Park in Houston originally going to be Enron Field?? OOPS! (by the way, if you ever want to see a good recap of that fiasco, check out the flick "the smartest guys in the room") very well done documentary. I'm just waiting for Haliburton to name a venue....

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
I think the Arizona Cardinals playing in the University of Phoenix Stadium is kind of weird. To the uninformed, they could hear that they used to play in (ASU) Sun Devil Stadium, and then moved to U of Phoenix Stadium. Well, they're a **** NFL team - why can't they get their own stadium?

The one that I really like is where the San Jose Sharks play - the HP Pavilion. Great play on their products as one of their computers is the Pavilion, and pavilion is another name for an arena.

Well since the university of phoenix is an online college they dont have sports teams and they contributed alot of the money for the stadium. So it really isnt a universities field.