Veishea books Eve 6 for concert. The 90s called, they want their crappy band back

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Re: Veishea books Eve 6 for concert. The 90s called, they want their crappy band bac

they should be able to do better than that. It's one thing to take a hit artist whose biggest hits were in years past, but that STILL make music. But I mean does Eve 6 even still make new music?!?

I would take any of the bigger artists from last year over Eve 6.

LTJ would be kick *** btw! Everyone can get down to that. I've seen them like 3 different times, including twice on Warped Tour. Good stuff and they've been doin it for years too. Trying to keep Ska alive!

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Re: Veishea books Eve 6 for concert. The 90s called, they want their crappy band bac

I really don't see the point in defending Eve 6 on this one. These guys sucked when they were actually a popular band. Why not get some up and comers that would probably charge less and be a fresher gig? Man, I forgot how bad these guys are. Flame on

Like when Led Zeppelin was in Iowa City in the late 1960's.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com

I think Eve 6 will be releasing a new album sometime. They also started touring again recently so maybe they will become a little more well known again.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

Honestly, I would have rather seen Trapt than Eve 6 but I'm not going to complain. I don't see how they think Trapt is too hardcore, though. That boggles my mind. It would be sweet if they could get both performers... but I doubt that will happen.

Hopefully they try to get a rising country star... Rodney Atkins, Eric Church, Jason Aldean, or Jason Michael Carroll, kind of like they did with Chris Cagle last year. There are plenty of Ag (and other) students at Iowa State (duh) who like country music.

I will bet there will be more good entertainers announced before all is said and done.

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007

I don't like country music. I actually semi enjoyed Chris Cagle. So we will see what happens.

Best comment he made: "hey, whoever's throwing beer cans, cut it out. Some chick up here just got hit in the face." He was serious but he was so polite about it people really didn't take him seriously.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006

They should totally get Barenaked Ladies to come one year.. that'd be awesome. At least I think so, anyways... although I doubt that'd happen.

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com

Since I started the ranting, I'll chime in.

Eve 6's biggest record came out in 98, when these kids were between the ages of 8 and 13. Not exactly their prime music time. Lots of them (NOTE: NOT ALL) were getting into the pop music craze that started that year. I just think this band is not a good fit for the audience.

Barenaked Ladies would be a better fit IMO. They have had recent hits and do have quite a nice following. Plus, they haven't played the state in about 3-4 years.

I have worked in radio for 15 years and have been a part of the organization of many concert festivals. I know how hard it is to book bands and how much they cost. I disagree that all the good bands are booked a year in advance, but also, most of the "good bands" would be out of the VEISHEA budget.

I agree some good up-and-comers would be great to see. A solid country act, maybe someone on the lines of a G Love and Special Sauce/Big Head Todd/Blues Traveler acts even. And before anyone argues that those bands are from around the same time as Eve 6, I'm aware. But, their music also still has legs and all 3 bands have toured constantly since their heydays.

I don't mean to knock what the committee does, I just think that this was a whack choice.

Last edited:

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids

barenaked ladies would be awesome.

oh, country sucks btw unless we're talking johnny cash or old school stuff.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

barenaked ladies would be awesome.

oh, country sucks btw unless we're talking johnny cash or old school stuff.

Oh come on. Who doesn't like country songs about high school angst? (Toby Keith, anyone?) :wideeyed:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Don't get me wrong I don't think Eve 6 is a great selection and I would agree that some boneheaded decisions are made. I guess what I'm saying is don't be too worried if one of the bands isn't what you are expecting. I'm sure that at least 2 more "bigger" bands will be named. Either way get a little drunked up, make some bad decisions (minus rioting), and enjoy the atmosphere.

VEISHEA should always be the weekend before dead week too! If you asked me, having it this early in April is crazy.

calvaryrock

Jan 31, 2008
www.myspace.com

what song WAS eve 6 even famous for? i think i remember them from back when i was in middle school riding the bus. geez. what a load of crap. anyone thing story of the year was good last year? another band that i haven't heard for a while, but they put on a damn good show.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Just heard from a friend who was on the group making the choice...they were going to get Trapt but they said Saliva was too "hardcore" last year and they wanted to tone it down. Lame.

Saliva too hardcore? I guess that means Slipknot is out of the conversation...

Trapt? They were somewhat good - for all of 6 months like 5 years ago before I got tired of hearing their stuff on the radio...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

what song WAS eve 6 even famous for? i think i remember them from back when i was in middle school riding the bus. geez. what a load of crap. anyone thing story of the year was good last year? another band that i haven't heard for a while, but they put on a damn good show.

Chorus:
I would swallow my pride
I would choke on the rhines
But the lack thereof would leave me empty inside
I would swallow my doubt turn it inside out find nothing but faith in nothing
Want to put my tender heart in a blender
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion
Rendezvous then Im through with you

I burn burn like a wicker cabinet chalk white and oh so frail
I see our time had gotten stale
The tick tock of the clock is painful
All sane and logical
I want to tear it off the wall
I hear words and clips and phrases
I think sick like ginger ale
My stomach turns and I exhale

Chorus

So cal is where my mind states but its not my state of mind
Im not as ugly sad as you
Or am I origami
Folded up and just pretend demented as the motives in your head

Chorus

I alone am the one you dont know you need take heed feed your ego
Make me blind when your eyes close sink when you get close tie me to the bedpost

I alone am the one you dont know you need you dont know you need me. make me
Blind when your eyes close, time me to the bed post

Chorus

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Inside Out and Here's To The Night. And I had to even look that up...

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

You guys should book a band like Cross Canadian Ragweed. Great college type band similar to O.A.R. they've played in Des Moines last summer and from there tour dates look like they'd be open.

p.s. Boys from Oklahoma is a great song.

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines

Maybe if they put the Eve 6 concert on a treadmill it would fly?

ISUCY11

Aug 3, 2006
Chicago, IL

VEISHEA has gone downhill every year since my frosh year (2003). The only real good music year was 2004, when Veishea didn't even exist. They booked Motion City Soundtrack and Zolof the Rock n' Roll Destroyer, and it was an amazing show. They played in the Forker Parking Lot, and the crowd was way into it.

Lucky Boys Confusion was good, but everything since has been terrible. Trapt would only make it worse. Their music is so effing generic! Like they sit around all day listening to terrible Nickelback music and saying, "Hey, we could be that bad!"

I actually welcome Eve 6, and I think its cool to have a band from the mid to late 90s, as so many students grew up listening to that music. I hear Dishwalla is starting to tour again, we should try to book them too!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron