Veishea '09

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The central campus set up was great...just too much damage to the grass from the crowd and stages.
Yeah, I can understand that, but grass always grows back. Is that really the reason they moved the stage??? If thats the problem, put the concerts in the forker lot, where Nappy Roots performed.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
The accoustics have the potential to be terrible with that large glass building there.... they're going to have the face the stage away from Moly Bio so people will have to walk even further around to get to the ticketed area :eek:

Not to mention it's no where near the rest of the activities... though maybe thats the idea :no:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not to mention it's no where near the rest of the activities... though maybe thats the idea :no:
Exactly.. If I remember correctly, I think they said last year that they wanted to spread out the people as much as possible to help prevent "possible altercations." :skeptical::no:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Exactly.. If I remember correctly, I think they said last year that they wanted to spread out the people as much as possible to help prevent "possible altercations." :skeptical::no:

Yeah thats kind of crappy. What it'll do is ensure everyone just stays home and drink... rather than encouraging people to partake in the non-alcoholic activities of VEISHEA

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yeah thats kind of crappy. What it'll do is ensure everyone just stays home and drink... rather than encouraging people to partake in the non-alcoholic activities of VEISHEA
Or gather at the bars on welch and then around 1:30-2 am, have everybody on the street at the same time.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Death to VEISHEA!!! Death by crowd control and killing the activities that make it VEISHEA :no:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Wow are they making us pay again for this? and putting it waayyy far from campustown? WEAK! I bought the wristband last year, not doing it this year.

maizenblue

Aug 14, 2007
pretty sad lineup IMO. I was hoping the committee would come up with something to renew excitement for VEISHEA after last years fiasco. Trapt is ok but all in all this lineup is pretty vanilla. And wtf at NORTH of moly bio? I'm not stumbling all the way out there to hear some band that was popular 5 years ago.

Cystheman

May 3, 2007
im excited for james johnson and trapt for sure!!! cartel im not too excited but thats because im not too familiar with them. I will buy a wristband...its only $5 compared to $10 last year....it will be a good time

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
The location is what ruins this IMO, seems like the university is trying to make this worse each year so people will start to hate it, and when they decide to axe it there won't be a huge uproar.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Well, in my opinion it seems pretty obvious that the university is trying to kill VEISHEA. They freaked out over the 2007 concerts of Saliva and Mike Jones and are now set on turning it into just another week. The sad thing is that it will work too. They weathered the storm last year and eventually everyone will just see VEISHEA for what it is now. Only the upper class men really understand what a good VEISHEA is all about. To me VEISHEA died in 2007.

Moly-Bi, REALLY? Wristband? REALLY?

CYNWIA

Nov 13, 2008
Ames
I'm a senior this year, and I have to say that my freshman and sophmore year veishea experiences were absolutely incredible... 2006 was nappy roots, and 2007 chris cagle / saliva / Mike Jones (who sucked)... and then 2008 came along and forever tainted my vision of Veishea... Bad weather, even worse planning... it seemed like just another drunk weekend, nothing differentiated it from any other college weekend due to the concert policies

Reactions: CyForPresident

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
Better rock group in Cartel this year, no hip hop sucks, but can understand why they wouldn't have one. Location is TERRIBLE, really there's no where better than way out north? I bet over half the students have no idea where that is. Put it back on Central Campus for free you ***holes! Or if you need a parking lot, LOT 60 would be awesome.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
2006 and 2007 were awesome VEISHEA years. They are just setting themselves up for another riot/disturbance/whatever. The farther you put the entertainment from campustown/bars/dorms, the less likely people are to leave those areas and that's what causes issues.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Cartel and Ludo are pretty solid. Jeremy will probably crap himself when he sees they'll be performing.

I think having a headliner from this decade, plus the expanded wristband opportunities, plus it just being later will help quite a bit this year.

maui6651

Sep 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I'd say that I'm content with the way things turned out. Trapt is probably on the same level as Saliva, and I haven't met anyone that was impressed with Mike Jones. Even though no one has heard of them, Red is a solid band. It sounds like there is some excitement over a few of the Saturday night bands, something I can't say I heard much of last year.

I'm okay with the wristband thing now that they've opened up the availability to essentially anyone. 5 bucks is nothing for a concert, and if it means not getting Eve 6 and Blessid Union of Souls again, I'm fine with it.

Location does suck, but they seemed pretty adament about not having it on central campus again. Whatever... it's already looking better than last year.