VEGAS: Kansas (-6-5) over the Clones

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Why do you say that? We took care of WVU and Oklahoma without him. Of course I'd love to have him, but I don't think he's the make or break factor.
I was just referring to the wagering aspect of this game.

Reactions: mj4cy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think we actually match up really well with KU.
We “matchup” well with teams that we can run on, or with.

OU screamed a good matchup. KU is not a horribleone, but they do have the guard play to frustrate our halfcourt offense. Svi is going to be a tough cover for Lard or Young, and so far this year we haven’t been able to dictate pace or take a guy like Svi and make him a liability defending Lard or Young.

If that line drops much I think KU is a good bet.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

OU screamed a good matchup. KU is not a horribleone, but they do have the guard play to frustrate our halfcourt offense. Svi is going to be a tough cover for Lard or Young, and so far this year we haven’t been able to dictate pace or take a guy like Svi and make him a liability defending Lard or Young.

Lard will hurt Svi on our end just as much as Svi will hurt Lard on theirs. Only difference is 3 point shots vs. two pointers. Although I can see Lard slamming home tip-dunks and getting fouled......that might ratchet up the decibel level in JHHC, too.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lard will hurt Svi on our end just as much as Svi will hurt Lard on theirs. Only difference is 3 point shots vs. two pointers. Although I can see Lard slamming home tip-dunks and getting fouled......that might ratchet up the decibel level in JHHC, too.
That’s the hope, but we haven’t always been able to dictate matchups go in our favor. Lard will undoubtedly be called for a few cheap fouls covering Svi. I’d also guess Doke is on Lard, and Young will have to show he can pass out of doubles.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

That's a tough one, for sure, but they've still got to find a way to guard us on the inside on the other end as well. From what I saw at KU, they struggled with us as much as we struggled with them for the first 35 minutes. We may see less of Young and Lard on the floor at the same time, with Talley and Long to fill that spot.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Which Bigs will get in foul trouble first? Against Baylor, KU's Azu only played 19 mins and had four PFs; that would be great if we could do the same and keep SoYo and Lard out of foul trouble. And we all know how hard it is when our guards can't hit shots; DJ and Wiggs need big scoring games t'morrow.

PS: when are Sportsbest usually posted - haven't seen one for any game this week??

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I don't bet on the Clones but if I did I would be all over this one.

On a related note ND is going cold at the right time ::knocks on wood::

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron