VEGAS: Iowa favored by 2 for 2017 Cy-Hawk game

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Without seeing either team play, give me ISU +2.

The most important thing for me is for ISU to come out looking crisp vs. UNI that first game. I wasn't able to watch last year because of Cyclones.TV not being able to run in the year 2016 but it sounded awful...was thinking just the other day whether or not I'd go through paying for it again and trying to figure out how to connect it to the TV (Best Buy didn't have answers for that).

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The most important thing for me is for ISU to come out looking crisp vs. UNI that first game. I wasn't able to watch last year because of Cyclones.TV not being able to run in the year 2016 but it sounded awful...was thinking just the other day whether or not I'd go through paying for it again and trying to figure out how to connect it to the TV (Best Buy didn't have answers for that).
HDMI cable

Reactions: isutrevman

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Looking/playing well in the opener is rarely a factor in how this game plays out. In fact, more often than not, the team that looks like garbage week 1 comes out at dominates this game.

It was a pretty good indicator last year though.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Week 1 games tell almost nothing about how good a team will be. We could beat UNI on a Hail Mary on 4th and 19 and I still will bet money we beat Iowa this year.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Week 1 games tell almost nothing about how good a team will be. We could beat UNI on a Hail Mary on 4th and 19 and I still will bet money we beat Iowa this year.
Last year is the only time I can remember being confident picking the game. We were beyond terrible against UNI, I don't think many would haven taken ISU last year at +2TD's ish after week 1 performance.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Beat UNI. Beat Iowa. Go to Akron and return to play Texas as 3-0.

If we come into the Texas game 3-0 I say we beat Hermans Hermits by a touchdown. I think the next step for Campbell is getting the winning mentality on the field. Another season of single possession losses isn't something to build on.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
If we come into the Texas game 3-0 I say we beat Hermans Hermits by a touchdown. I think the next step for Campbell is getting the winning mentality on the field. Another season of single possession losses isn't something to build on.
You qualified it with if, but I'm letting the hype wagon find its way up the trail before I start thinking of a 4-0 start. Let's manhandle UNI first.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and Lineup