Vega

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Do you know something about Joe on why he won’t be the starter? I have a strong hunch on why Joe and Dante never wrestled? The coaches want the kid’s weights under control with proper weight lost. I know both are cutting a pretty good chunk and probably where not at the weight coaches wanted after Thursdsy practice? Thus, they didn’t wrestle. I’m guessing their ability, as well as others, to wrestle each week will be based on their ability to manage weight.

HGoat - just saw your message. You seem to know exactly what went on...was I close or was there more to it.

Don't think its weight related.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
The culture is changing for the better if you can't get on board you might as well get out. Would have been better if Vega made this decision earlier but it is what is. I assume there will be others that either leave or don't see mat time.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
The culture is changing for the better if you can't get on board you might as well get out. Would have been better if Vega made this decision earlier but it is what is. I assume there will be others that either leave or don't see mat time.
Maybe Teske will reconsider since Vega is no longer there to scare him off ;-). Just kidding.

Seriously tho not everyone makes the adjustment from HS to college and to have new coaches bringing a new culture would be another change to deal with. I wish Vega the best in his future regardless of his athletic status.