Vball: Stanford vs Iowa State ESPN+ on now

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think we lost momentum when we lost to FSU in the elite 8. After that it seems the program has gone downhill
And that was a match we had zero business losing. The road was paved in gold to get to the Final Four. They had that one Russian girl (or at least her last name was something Russian looking) who played out of her mind.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Lol, there's a big difference between standing up/being loud and the embarrassing chants the band is consistently doing. The chants are and always have been nothing but cringe and would be better suited for a middle school basketball game.

Write them some new ones and drop them a email. :)

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
And that was a match we had zero business losing. The road was paved in gold to get to the Final Four. They had that one Russian girl (or at least her last name was something Russian looking) who played out of her mind.
I agree - I thought it was almost a done deal considering we played well during the tournament and then suddenly we just hit the brick wall.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
KU pulls 2nd straight upset by beating #14 Creighton to advance to Sweet 16. Texas and Baylor also advance. KSU, Tech and WV all get knocked out tonight in addition to ISU.

ISU simply didn't have enough front court talent/skill to compliment Holthaus and Herrera against good teams. The setter, libero and DS positions were all better than last season and enabled ISU to get in the tourney.

Newsome returns at setter but there are huge question marks everywhere else although Stonestreet looks promising as the potential new libero and Petry returns as a capable DS. A couple of freshmen will have to immediately contribute next season at OH and MB and I am assuming CJL will hunt the transfer portal again. I am also assuming we will see 2 or 3 players on the current roster transfer out.

ISU is 1-24 in sets played the past two seasons against UT and BU as the gap has considerably widened with those two programs and as of now, it doesn't look promising to close that gap starting next season unless some newcomers immediately contribute more than expected.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Was at that match and was thinking it was a once in the lifetime of the program opportunity to get to the Final Four. :(