VB NCAA Tourney

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
So ISU gets Miami in the first round hosted in Madison on Thursday. If we win, we likely face Wisconsin on their home court.

This is in the Lexington region. So we did not get in the Des Moines region. Minnesota is the top seed (#2) in the DSM region.

Was the thinking that we might get into the DSM region? Don't know if we're better off with the matches where we are, but given our strong attendance, seems like it might have been considered.

p.s. UNI made the tourney in the DSM region.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
So would we be the 7 seed or the 10 seed if we were looking at this like the NCAA bball tourney? I assume Wisconsin projects to a #2 seed - #6 overall.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yes. We might even beat Miami and get to play Bucky's team.

I gotta figure out how to get out early on Thursday. I haven't made it to a UW game this year so maybe I could accomplish that on Friday then.....

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
We're in the Austin regional.

Right, the Austin regional. I'm pretty sure ESPNU showed us in the Lexington region on TV. But the bracket shows Austin.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.08.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 9.08.39 PM.png
    661.7 KB · Views: 189

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Right, the Austin regional. I'm pretty sure ESPNU showed us in the Lexington region on TV. But the bracket shows Austin.
Not a real good draw except for the proximity to Ames, IMO. You know when you're unseeded that you're going to get sent to a site where the host school is a top 16 seed (except for Creighton), and you hope that you face a 13-14-15 or 16. Unfortunately, at best, we're going to face Wisky in the second round, a school that's among the group who could win it all...
Speaking of Creighton, how the hell did they get seeded?

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Not a real good draw except for the proximity to Ames, IMO. You know when you're unseeded that you're going to get sent to a site where the host school is a top 16 seed (except for Creighton), and you hope that you face a 13-14-15 or 16. Unfortunately, at best, we're going to face Wisky in the second round, a school that's among the group who could win it all...
Speaking of Creighton, how the hell did they get seeded?

Their RPI is 21. ISU is 23. Seems very odd to get a top seed.