Vanderbilt ahead of purple kitties in 4th

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Okay, I was 758 miles away with 20,000 other EMAW's when most of you here were cheering for the SEC. My gosh, the SEC. Seriously, Iowa State, the SEC?

So anyway, I just got back to the desk.

Vandy was quicker than K-State. Their defensive backfield was nails. Our receivers were truly bad. And Vandy took away our special teams advantage. Jesse Ertz had a bad day. Mostly because our guys did not catch the ball. And then there was that touchdown that was overruled by the SEC replay officials. Whew!

Now, I've been here before - losing an early season game. E3's 2003 championship team lost to Marshall and two more after that. But corrections will be made. Y'all will soon be wondering what happened to the State that lost to Vandy.

I'd guess now that oSu and OU will be in the championship game. K-State will lose two more, probably.

Heck @surly I'll give you a like on this just because you showed back up after a surprise loss. By the way I'm assuming another one of those losses your counting on is to ISU;).

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Your assumption, well, you know about that saying ...

You come to an ISU site, act like your team walks on water while being condescending to our team, & then you're surprised when we cheer against your team?

Yeah, it was fun seeing the purple kitties lose putting up 7 against a crappy SEC team.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I generally cheer for all conference teams in non con games. Oklahoma and Texas sometimes make it hard to cheer for them and of course Baylor lately.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
At one time I cheered for k-state but surly's pretty much a **** so i enjoy rooting against them now.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You come to an ISU site, act like your team walks on water while being condescending to our team, & then you're surprised when we cheer against your team?

Yeah, it was fun seeing the purple kitties lose putting up 7 against a crappy SEC team.

I don't believe Vandy will be shown over the season to be a 'crappy' team. They're 3-0 with a victory over a top 20, power 5 team.

And I've never been intentionally condescending to ISU. But I realize perception is reality for some. If the mods here believe so, they can surely dispense with surly.