Van De Velde screws own school out of bowl bid

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Big time fail on his part, he is quoted in the CBS article saying that HOD were interested, how could the HOD have been an option? Even if OU gets BCS as everyone expected, BIg 12 and Big 10 still fill their slots for that game...and then the liberty, they were interested, sure only if no one else was available. Take your cross state game and be happy, happy, happy or stay home. Now from the Indy Bowls perspective, why not take them today when most other options fizzled? Could it beacuause BVD is a joke and no be wanted to deal with him?

Probably because BVDV wanted to string them until they could secure a higher payout.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Probably because BVDV wanted to string them until they could secure a higher payout.

Yeah, I understand what he was trying to do...it's what he did that makes you wonder, Indy Bowl should have wanted that match up and been willing to wait for it, they weren't. Makes you wonder how effective BVD was in his negotiation. People would be flat ****** if this ever happened to ISU.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Who was still on the board when the Liberty Bowl picked us? Who else could they have picked?

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Re: LA Tech turns down a bowl after a 9-3 record.

can u imagine if him and chizik were at the same school...

I don't have to - they were both at ISU. Kinda bad when you're trying to slam someone and they're in your close ex-friends network. I'm calling this a logic fail.

The real question is why do people keep hiring ISU's failures?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
OK, so I was looking to make a joke about whether BVD was still posting on the forums at the school before ISU. Searched, thinking I'd find a wikipedia page. He don't have one. But this guy does:

James Oliver Van de Velde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The effing Bishop of Natchez Mississippi in 1853 has a wikipedia page and Bruce doesn't. That's saying something....nah-mean?

<Fill disclosure, I don't have a wikid-wikidi-wikipedia page either, but sheesh>

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Really feel bad for La Tech players, they had a really good team and they were fun to watch. Damn shame. Also a damn shame BVD was the AD here, ISU is very lucky we survived that period as an athletic department. Given much more time BVD would have run ISU so far into the ground there would have been no return.

D

DistrictCyclone

Have the masses started gathering on BVDV's front lawn yet?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
QFT. I enjoyed going back to read some cy1225 posts with this new revelation in mind.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Serious question, did anyone ever confirm that is him posting on here? I read a bunch of the posts and sure seems like how he may feel.

I think it's funny how ****** Karl Malone is at him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I can't believe he posted on this board.

It must really chap his hide that Pollard beat him out for the Liberty Bowl.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron