Valentine's Day

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA
So what do you plan on getting your significant other for Valentines day? Do you have a tradition? Do you get him/her something nice or do you take him/her out to eat? Flowers? Beer?

It's only a little over 2 weeks away...lets see what you have planned....:jiggy:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
"Valentine's Day is close?!?! Oh ****...I better get something last minute."

That's my VD tradition...

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I'm screwed. My wife's birthday is the day before.

If she wants something small for her birthday then I usually get her two gifts. If it's something more expensive then I combine them. She told me to do it that way. At least that got me off the hook.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We usually go out for dinner someplace nice we always say "We should go there sometime" but never do. Then we get each other some little gifts and just spend some time together. She's a tax accountant so QT can be a little hard to come by this time of year.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
A voucher for one night of Craig love!

Actually, the gf and I hate Vday, as it is just a money making scam, so we vowed to not acknowledge it.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
Actually, the gf and I hate Vday, as it is just a money making scam, so we vowed to not acknowledge it.

My wife agrees with this, but also says that you shouldn't just express your feelings once a year, but all the time.

So basically, I'm screwed all year long! :sad:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
We were married in November. I get that, Christmas, birthday and Valentine's Day done in a 3 month period.

Ha - same here. Birthday was in Nov, Anniversary Dec 6, Christmas and then Valentines day.

Actually, Valentines day is the reprieve. But those 35 days in Nov/Dec get expensive.

I made the mistake the first year or so we were together - " you don't have to get me flowers or anything for Valentines day".

I was dumb enough to believe her. 6 years later, she says the same thing just last night - :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Anyone know the name of that rather new restaurant down on Walnut in DSM - in the old Hotel Franklin, I think?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Daughter was born Feb 13th so we'll go to Recess or something like that and call it a VD outing as well.