USD Athletics Director Letter to Coyote Nation

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
The new contract between EIU and ISU states that each team will collect all funds when the game is in their stadium, so ISU loses nothing for not playing at EIU this fall.

EIU can WANT the game in IC in 2021 all they want, but the contract states it will be played in Ames. If the game is switched to IC, then that throws off the number of home games for each school from that point on. Next year ISU will only have 4 home conference games, Iowa would have 5 home conference games and 8 total home games if that is the case of 2021. Only way to make it work and reset the schedule would be for EIU to host games at home in 2021 and 2022, which ISU would never allow to happen.
Who keeps the money from the tickets sold by the ISU ticket office?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Who keeps the money from the tickets sold by the ISU ticket office?

I really have no clue to that question, but common sense would tell you that since the game has been cancelled, the money from those tickets would have to be refunded to the person that purchased them. So there would be little to no money.

Generally I believe ISU would pay for the tickets and resell them to our fanbase, any tickets left unsold are returned to the home school, which has not been the case for years. I am sure in the contract all of this language is spelled out.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don’t think ISU is paying anyone to come to Ames. Not with half the crowd if that. They should find a good team and travel there. Then they have a home game down the line to schedule for whenever.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Which is what ISU should pay them if the Big 12 decides to go with a conference only schedule. They are clearly ready to hold up their end of the agreement.

FWIW: The Hawkeyes should reimburse ISU for any lost revenue from the Cy-Hawk game because they canceled.

Edit: Only people that are going to win are the lawyers because conferences and the NCAA can't get their **** together and work together to come up with a solution that protects player safety and still allows the games to be played.
The last thing the Big XII should do is cancel non con. The B1G doing so was selfish and shortsighted.

In practical terms, here’s how it should work:

A. Wait to see how it works for the various pro sports franchises starting play earlier. Watch, learn from their mistakes and make adjustments to your own plans.

B. Play the first non con game, see how that goes. Make adjustments. *note, no one from an “at risk” demographic should be attending.

C. Play the second non con game, making further adjustments. At this point, you have more than plenty of leverage to get people in the stands to follow proper procedures.

D. Play the third conference game, and see what happens. At this point it’s a binary solution set—either you’ve got it down, or the conference season is irrelevant. It’s over.

And at the point if the nation knows there isn’t a conceivably “safe” way to play college football, the B1G isn’t going to get in a single game.

The non conference season is training wheels, trial and error for the process—just like the team on the field.

What the B1G didn’t figure out is that if you’re doing your experimenting in the conference season and fail, a two or three game conference season is going to do no one any good.

And if everyone else does their experimenting before that and there is no viable answer—they won’t even get in a kickoff. They’re totally screwed.

Of course, correspondingly, if everyone else “figures it out” and college football is viable, they’re also screwed. A nine game season when others are playing twelve. While the B1G sat and twiddled their thumbs. A lose-lose situation.

Just my opinion. I haven’t read all the articles and threads like some of you.