Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Colorado ranked 9th in media value below Wazzu in that article.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
It doesn’t undo it all for sure. But when you replace a coach like Wright with the current guy you are going to have a problem if it goes on for a couple years. Just look at how irrelevant Georgetown is.
To be fair on that one, Georgetown hasn't made it out of the 1st weekend since 2006-07 and finished above 6th only 1 time in the Big East since 2012. If it wasn't for Patrick Ewing totally bottoming the thing out and he was just bad there instead they might be looked at as a down power or something.

I guess my point is that it's really, really hard to just totally murder a program.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Yeah Gonzaga wouldn't just be it. Id guess Creighton would be next, then Villanova and Uconn if they wanted 16.
The one issue I have with UConn is that you'd have to take them in football too. I know they got a bowl this year but that program is pretty bad.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
This is what I want the most right now. Maybe all the tough games will make me hate it some day. But I just love the hell out of the double round robin so much

I would love it too, but I just don’t see a way.

22 conference games
3 holiday tournaments games
Iowa
Big East Challenge
Presumably Big 10 challenge

That leaves 4-5 games for cupcakes. If you could get ESPN/Fox to pay for it, I’d do it. Don’t do it for free though

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Sounds like there was a lot of division in the Pac12 meeting:

Internet message board so who knows if there is any accuracy but this post is interesting:

“From what has been said by reliable sources (same sources that predicted the SC, Ucla exit) ASU is unhappy with the media deal and is talking with the other 4 corner schools about joining the big 12. ASU was the school most upset about the media deal in this weeks pac meeting in Phoenix. Expect an announcement from these schools leaving for the big 12 soon. The pac 10 is probably finished.”

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017

Internet message board so who knows if there is any accuracy but this post is interesting:

“From what has been said by reliable sources (same sources that predicted the SC, Ucla exit) ASU is unhappy with the media deal and is talking with the other 4 corner schools about joining the big 12. ASU was the school most upset about the media deal in this weeks pac meeting in Phoenix. Expect an announcement from these schools leaving for the big 12 soon. The pac 10 is probably finished.”
Lot of talk in that thread about taking the 4 corners plus SDSU or OR+WA. Would that make sense for the B12? The conference would be getting pretty unwieldy at that point. Personally I already will miss 10, anything larger than 16 doesn't even feel like one conference anymore.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lot of talk in that thread about taking the 4 corners plus SDSU or OR+WA. Would that make sense for the B12? The conference would be getting pretty unwieldy at that point. Personally I already will miss 10, anything larger than 16 doesn't even feel like one conference anymore.

It will be hilarious if Utah wants to join after 2-3 years of talking about how they hate the Big 12 with the fury of a million suns. Big 12 doesn't really need them.

They are a good athletic program, just their fans have been morons through all of this and blinded by their rivalry.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
It will be hilarious if Utah wants to join after 2-3 years of talking about how they hate the Big 12 with the fury of a million suns. Big 12 doesn't really need them.

They are a good athletic program, just their fans have been morons through all of this and blinded by their rivalry.
There is a link in that thread to a Salt Lake City sports radio show. I only listen to a few minutes but the hosts didn’t seem very positive about the Big12.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There is a link in that thread to a Salt Lake City sports radio show. I only listen to a few minutes but the hosts didn’t seem very positive about the Big12.

I like Utah's football style of play and coach, but their fanbase has been total idiots about all of this from what I've seen. They should want to beat BYU on the field but instead are obsessed with some idea of having BYU relegated to a lower status conference, if they aren't careful their pride is going to end up with the exact opposite being true.

Reactions: jctisu

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I would love it too, but I just don’t see a way.

22 conference games
3 holiday tournaments games
Iowa
Big East Challenge
Presumably Big 10 challenge

That leaves 4-5 games for cupcakes. If you could get ESPN/Fox to pay for it, I’d do it. Don’t do it for free though

How much longer is the Iowa contact? 22 game conference schedule is much more entertaining than that game. Same goes for the Big10 challenge IMO. I do like the Big East challenge since we don't get many opportunities to play some of those teams out East. But, we'll probably get stuck with Creighton or Marquette or someone laim like that.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
How much longer is the Iowa contact? 22 game conference schedule is much more entertaining than that game. Same goes for the Big10 challenge IMO. I do like the Big East challenge since we don't get many opportunities to play some of those teams out East. But, we'll probably get stuck with Creighton or Marquette or someone laim like that.

In basketball? That thing is never stopping even if football does end.

Football is through 2027 though. With spots dedicated to it continuing as the second game of the season after that

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

The Arizonas can come. IDK if I actually want Utah or Colorado anymore though. Utah made it clear they don't want to be here from the fan base and AD. Colorado left already and nobody is actually invested in the program all that much.

• Agree
Reactions: Jkclone15