Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Northwestern is in Evanston, which is a very nice close suburb of Chicago. Probably a lot of really nice Victorian mansions to choose from.

If someone likes posh suburban life, Evanston up through through Highland Park and especially Glencoe is probably a top paradise on Earth. Oddly the southern area of Evanston near Rogers Park and Rogers Park itself has a few little rough patches, I had quite a story one night stranded on a commute in snow storm.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
If someone likes posh suburban life, Evanston up through through Highland Park and especially Glencoe is probably a top paradise on Earth. Oddly the southern area of Evanston near Rogers Park and Rogers Park itself has a few little rough patches, I had quite a story one night stranded on a commute in snow storm.
Yeah I lived in the northbrook area for a bit, evanston is so much closer to the city and has direct public transportation if you want that those other northern burbs don't quite match. Insanely beautiful campus.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah I lived in the northbrook area for a bit, evanston is so much closer to the city and has direct public transportation if you want that those other northern burbs don't quite match. Insanely beautiful campus.
Agree, beautiful campus and a pretty easy purple line ride south to the city.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Meanwhile, I got my season tickets and parking passes uploaded to my wallet this morning. I still miss getting the big envelope in the mailbox and passing out everyone’s tickets at the tailgate, but it’s the new normal.

Can you still print at home this yr? I did that last yr because of poor phone service in the parking lots

Reactions: agentbear

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Salt Lake drying up is exposing arsenic and other problematic compounds that can then be carried by wind.
Maybe they will discover some rare earth minerals and materials to make lithium batteries for the next 200 years. Utah is the next Texas. Sign em up before their heads get too big!!

• Creative
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
ISU's definitely looks more expansive and modern. Land value in Ames a bit more reasonable than Evanston.
I'd guess when it was built the ISU land was worth tens of dollars.

Given some of the incredible architecture in Chicago and the suburbs (including some in Evanston) that's a pretty boring President's house. It's still fairly cool, but I was expecting more.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
New Wilner mailbag

First, I wouldn't assume the Pac-12 is going to survive. That's the most likely short-term outcome, in our opinion, but it's not a lock.

We view survival as a 4.5-point favorite over extinction. That's anything but an overwhelming favorite.

If the conference holds together, there's a reasonable chance it expands to 12 teams. Why? Because of inventory demands.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
In addition to ignoring the variables of network, time slot, and competing games, these people -- by simply throwing out games involving departing schools -- have also arbitrarily decided that 100% of the viewers of ISU-OU (for example) are tuning in just to see OU.
All you have to do is look at the TV ratings for college football last season to see where everybody stands.

Look at the bowl games, the conference championship games, and then just scroll through the regular season.

The PAC does not bring the viewership that the B1G, SEC and Big XII do. They're probably not even above the ACC either.

Oregon and USC are the only consistent draws.

Wilner can manipulate the TV ratings all he wants, but he's full of sh*t.

College Football TV Ratings

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The Great Salt Lake is drying up.
Isn't there a plan in the works to try to pump water in from the Pacific? But they are trying to decide how it will impact the environment etc.

They also want pump water from the Mississippi to the Colorado to save it, but that is considered way more difficult, if not impossible.

Part of the problems with huge population growth in desert/arid region that is also experiencing a long term drought.

Some crazy engineering and costs. Makes you wonder just how much those cities will be worth when push comes to shove.

timinatoria

Aug 29, 2008
COVID year actually had a decent example to test that with.

Due to the awkward COVID schedule and all eight of the other Big 12 schools being off that week the 2020 WVU-KU game got just under 1.5 million viewers on FOX. It isn't sniffing that on FS1.
WVU and KU had ZERO competition for that time slot. That's why 2020 is worthless data. Do you think they would get great numbers against SEC and B1G games in that time slot against other networks?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron