Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So what does NBC do with Notre Dame? Lock them in at 2:30 every week to counter CBS? They're really going to shut Notre Dame out of prime time?

Unless...
ND hasn't been a prime time thing for NBC. Only 2 of their 7 home games last year were prime time starts, everything else was 2:30/3:30.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
ND hasn't been a prime time thing for NBC. Only 2 of their 7 home games last year were prime time starts, everything else was 2:30/3:30.

Well that's almost a third of their broadcasts, and now it would be zero. And if you're NBC and Notre Dame wants to quintuple its rights fees, don't you think about moving more of those games to prime time to get a bigger ROI? Not an option if this comes to pass.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well that's almost a third of their broadcasts, and now it would be zero. And if you're NBC and Notre Dame wants to quintuple its rights fees, don't you think about moving more of those games to prime time to get a bigger ROI? Not an option if this comes to pass.
Not really. ND v. USC can still be a B1G prime time Saturday night game moving ahead. As can MSU, Michigan, Purdue, etc.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013

This may actually be one hell of a chess play by Kevin Warren.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
They got 14 teams for that price, no clue if adding UT and OU requires them to buck up more money or not.
14 vs 16 still not much different 300M still only 21M per, for SEC I think its more than that. But maybe that is just for 1 tier.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Marchand NYPost sports media writer tweeting his thoughts on the Big 10 media rights are interesting.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
Not really. ND v. USC can still be a B1G prime time Saturday night game moving ahead. As can MSU, Michigan, Purdue, etc.

It can certainly work for NBC. I think the bigger point is that it would inhibit how big of a pay day ND gets from NBC, since NBC is presumably shelling out a ton of cash for a prime time big 10 game.

And if Notre Dane doesn’t get as much as they were hoping for, it could finally compel them to join a conference. Warren may be playing the long game here.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
But...but...2speedy1 told us all the SDSU would be a horrible addition to the Big 12. Surely he must know more than Chris Williams and Jon Wilner, right?
Williams didnt say anything about SDSU, Wilner did. Wilner is a moron, just look at his tweets and articles from the last month.

Compare SDSU and everyone else in the Big 12, PAC 10, and G5, and who we added last year. They are behind them all!

Wilner overvalues the west coast. Listen to the guy for a minute.

Look at any of the data, any of the data I have posted on them. And hell I have not been even remotely the person close to being the most AntiSDSU. I just said there are better adds than them. They are clearly behind many, as much of the data proves it, they are a project to hope to be valuable, not currently valuable.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Marchand NYPost sports media writer tweeting his thoughts on the Big 10 media rights are interesting.

I think we'll have to see whether the BIG adds more PAC.

ESPN would maybe overpay a little to keep the BIG to two PAC schools, better owning the late night.

If the BIG adds more PAC, I don't see ESPN going after the fool's errand that would be the remaining PAC. Those leftover PAC schools, particularly if the 4 corners, can be utilized without funding the PAC.

Unless the two-week delay in political posturing on UCAL leaving was more than apathy, Cal must be shitting bricks.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It can certainly work for NBC. I think the bigger point is that it would inhibit how big of a pay day ND gets from NBC, since NBC is presumably shelling out a ton of cash for a prime time big 10 game.

And if Notre Dane doesn’t get as much as they were hoping for, it could finally compel them to join a conference. Warren may be playing the long game here.
Agree. Big question in all of this is which NBC would value more, a relationship with B1G or ND. If there's anything to these reports we might be getting the answer.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
@2speedy1

So, is it too early for the nuke option if ESPN is the only player in town? 8-10 Big 12 schools to ACC. 6 of R8 is needed for dissolution if I recall. I think those 6 benefit from all going to one conference and I'd argue 10 is better than 6. The Big 12 may not have the leverage for that now.

Because the PAC is about to become very weak imo. Which at first glance is good for Big 12. But with ESPN the only real offtake, they could just move 4 corners to ACC in order to setup killing the Big 12, and protecting the ACC long position. Then throw an offer to WVU, which would jump, and the other R8 would race to the door, as ESPN is not offering ***** for a Big 11 that is holding up OUT and WVU.

I doubt CBS and NBC are going to have multiple T1, and I don't see FOX being interested in making a Big 16.

With three OTA T1 locked in, it is overpaying if counting like programs like Iowa, MN, etc. The BIG is about to get bigger, at least 20 imo. Stanford, ND? 3 PAC plus ND? Eventually ACC (within 5 years). There are rumors FOX wants to use the BIG and Big East to eventually grab the CBB postseason, in which case even basketball schools are in play.
Still just guessing, still just speculation, still just going off more speculation. Still ACC ACC ACC ACC!!!!!

Still yet to post any data, any links any actual info to support anything. Get over yourself.

You are officially on ignore.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Good number, if that denominator stays at 16.

At least 18, but 20 also very in play imo

Why would they add now? Who are they going to add that will increase that number?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Can . would anyone care to give me about a 50 page summary of latest? Thx.
Near'z I can tell:
1. San Diego State is Big 12's primary expansion target. Goal: Weaken PAC so Colorado won't accept invitation to Mountain West.
2. Iowa State has pending invite to SEC. Possibly as package deal w/ Washington State.
3. I'm not helping to answer your question, am I?