Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah this is why you lock up the other 4 now, so they have no other options unless the SEC decides it wants to go up there.
If we already have the same value, let them go. I think we are 12 fairly content teams and the other four have to know their place is not above anyone else. If Washington comes, I imagine they will think they are better than the rest. Almost another mini Texas, so let them hang in the PAC. Need Oregon also to take Washington is my opinion now.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
No way the conference would take Oregon St. over Miami, when you already have a team in Florida, it makes sense to take the Miami market just for recruiting. They bring a lot more to the conference that Oregon St ever will.
That's a tough take, Oregon State over Miami or Pitt.

Originally, I thought it was to balance out the pods geographically, but the author could have moved BYU to the west coast pod.

Still makes me wonder if media companies think covering territory (NW) is more important than a schools actual credentials.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
If Fox is telling the B12 that Washington and Oregon off the table, what does that mean for the B12? Is Fox in the mix to bid for the league, then you have to listen to them as their second conference. Fox B10/B12 and ESPN SEC/ACC, then I could see letting those two schools going to the B10, but if they are not telling the league that we are their second league, then offer them an invite and see what they do. They will not accept, but they might.
Schools have to make contact. Conferences can’t offer without teams “applying “.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Assuming the reports of Big 12 meeting with Utah, ASU, UofA and Ralphie tomorrow I kind of expect some kind of news by late tomorrow afternoon.

The best thing the Big 12 can do is to secure those 4 additions ASAP. Then wait for Oregon and Washington to realize the B1G is not on the other end of the phone.

Tomorrow could be the best day for Iowa State in realignment since the day Texas chose the LHN instead of the Pac-16. Which was not really a good day, just a much less sh***y one than the alternative.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This isn’t true, but if it was, no way would the Big 12 take those two.
It could be true. You think OSU and WSU and just going to say, the mountain west isn’t that bad? I figure they will at least try.

Let Washington and Oregon get shunned by the big ten and they can take the remaining 6 and merge with the MWC.

Big XII take ASU/Utah and AU/ CU if they think value is there. We get the first two and the PAC is in a world of hurt. It would also not be us that killed them if the big ten then took another team or two.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

Interesting to me there is no Washington to be found.

If the Big 12 can add UA, ASU, CU, and UU, plus Washington, that's an obvious yes IMO. Interestingly, it would leave one spot open for a school #18. Stanford (if the B1G takes only ND and Oregon), Cal, Oregon State, Wazzu and the runners up of last year's expansion round, Boise State and Memphis, could be in that mix. I think Washington State would be at a quick disadvantage based on UW already being in the league.

• Agree
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron