Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Quickest way to get caught up.
Geez. Take a day off. Go to last page. Scan up until someone posts a tweet. Read down until the source is completely debunked. Back on up until someone posts another online source. Rinse. Repeat. Everything in between are same stuff, different spin ( mine included :D )
I read a few, but I mainly just scroll to see any inserted tweets for "actual news" (if you can call it that).

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Big 16. Time to rebrand. The Big 12 has the patent on Big 14 & Big 16. I believe it’s expired but they would still have some rights to it
Think we need to go in another direction. Number thing is always going to be subject to change.

Maybe Survivor Conference.

Reactions: Hoggins

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Think we need to go in another direction. Number thing is always going to be subject to change.

Just go with something like the Great Plains conference and be done with it. Yes, there would be schools in the mountains, but it's better than the Flyover Country Conference.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Last I knew, the 5 power conferences are spelled out the playoff guidelines. For those wanting to change names so quickly, you are also willing to give up the status of a named power conference. This is why nobody has changed names

Reactions: Stormin

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Who in the Bay area watches CFB, esp Cal... then you have their issues politically with basically 80% of the schools in the Big 12.

CU is pretty weak really, Football and bball has been poor since leaving the Big 12. And their facilities are junk as someone said, basically losing money yearly.

Az football sux, but BBall is excellent
AZ state is mediocre But does bring a wrestling prog, as does Stanford, and OSU.
80% what?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Just a PSA here. I am going to pistol whip the next poster I see talking about MBB, WBB, wrestling or whatever other olympic sport in a conference realignment thread. They don't matter in all this, they never have, and they never will. The minute you find yourself considering anything but potential football TV revenue you are wrong, so take a step back from the keyboard and regroup.

Okay, back to regularly scheduled programming.

Probably a good idea, considering how poorly ISU compares to the 8 Pac-12 teams (UW, WSU, UO, ORST, AZ, ASU, CU, UTAH) in most sports already.

Reactions: aeroclone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Not a bad idea either. The problem with 'Big 16', though, provided we initially bump to 16 members, is, what would come after that? When we go to 18? Then to 20? This realignment is far from over, even after the next few years.

I think the Big 12 has the name recognition and the history to survive any realignment. Provided they don't go bust, of course! I also like the simplicity of the Roman numeral XII, as we currently have it.

Edit: I also don't see the Big 10 changing its name. Everybody will just call them the BIG, or the Big 10. History is what counts. At least it used to. Ha.

It would be absurd for them to change their name now, to call it the Big 11 (tried it though), then the Big 14, Big 16, etc., etc. as they keep adding teams. For now, it will just be Big 10 / BIG, then the SEC, and maybe we can put Big 12 in there as one of the main 2nd tier conferences.

Changing the name of the BIG, or Big 12, as realignment continues, would just add even more confusion, resentment, and stress to an already bad situation. And guess what? SEC ain't changin' their name anytime soon either.
For how many times the media has delighted in the prospect of the Big 12 being gone, it would be extremely satisfying to outlast the Pac 12 and ACC. Stick to the Big 12 branding.