Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Welcome home Colorado. My money is on Nebraska to be the next Big 8 school to rejoin us.
wouldnt that be funny, if somehow during all this Nebby and Mizzou get the boot from their respective conferences to make room for someone and come crawling back.....I mean, it will never happen, but man that would be some funny stuff right there.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
None of those schools are coming here until they get an answer from the B1G anyway. Of course we should be trying to get UW and Oregon. Why not try?

It would be funny if the Big 12 and Pac-12 merged and announced Kliavkoff as the commish. Yormark's tenure would be minus 4 weeks long.
Every President & AD in the Big 12 and Pac12 is on the phone tonight with their contacts within the Big10 & SEC saying they are available.

Could be the days of equal revenue sharing are over!!

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Arizona is probably higher on the B1G list simply because they are AAU.

But AZ St, Stanford, and Oregon St are the only ones left with Wrestling so there is that, for the wrestling fans.
Honestly sports other than basketball and football should be regionalized and not tied to conferences.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
It doesnt seem like there's a limit on conference size now that everyone is going divisionless. I don't think these adds prevent us from adding anyone we want now.
I agree in that sense. I just don't want to share the pie with some promoted mid major commuter schools when we could have a bunch of historical P5 state schools instead.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
What sucks is JP has been saying how the Big 12 schools want to be together. The conversation was turning away from everything wrong with the conference to a group wanting to work together.

Now we'll see the Kansas to the Big Ten rumors crank up and everyone else looking for a life raft.

So much for brothers in arms

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Why would Nebby turn its back on $80-$90 million per year and willingly say they want half or less of that?
Man if Apple really is coming back to the table then I have no idea what the number is. Amazon was supposed to be the streaming partner in the drivers seat outside of linear but if it is a bidding war then who knows.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
No one’s tied to anyone any more. Money is king. There will be no issue.

I don't believe that.

A government antitrust case and potential loss of tax exempt status is in play if any state school is harmed too much by the loss of competitive status. I imagine there are more than a few senators more than happy to have a grandstanding hearing or two.

Reactions: CycloneinToledo

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
This is coming when USC, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida State, and few a couple other schools like Nebraska or Wisconsin or Auburn end up breaking away from the NCAA itself to form a super league.
So who takes the Ls in this conference? Who of these blue bloods is going to be happy going 3-9? Or, conversely, will everybody be happy tying for the conference title at 6-6 every year?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
What sucks is JP has been saying how the Big 12 schools want to be together. The conversation was turning away from everything wrong with the conference to a group wanting to work together.

Now we'll see the Kansas to the Big Ten rumors crank up and everyone else looking for a life raft.

So much for brothers in arms
I’m sure Kansas will reach out but I’m pretty sure they will get the same no thanks as last time. Unless there has been a shift and the streamers are valuing basketball higher these are sadly primary football moves.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Could be, I could see the ACC taking schools like WV and UCF after they get poached to even things out. ACC as the 2nd tier east conference, Big 12 as the 2nd Tier western conference.
I dont know, the way this shakes out, the money might not be there for the ACC to get them. Also the writing will be on the wall that the SEC is going to take those top ACC teams so why would anyone go there now, especially from the Big 12.

My feeling is the money when this round is done, will be the B1G will be ahead, then just behind will be the SEC, unless they also add more. Then there will be a gap to the Big 12. Then a LARGE gap to the ACC.

Those ACC schools will be looking to get out to one of the the other 3 as soon as they can.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I’m sure Kansas will reach out but I’m pretty sure they will get the same no thanks as last time. Unless there has been a shift and the streamers are valuing basketball higher these are sadly primary football moves.
There were some Twitter rumors about Kansas and the Big East earlier this afternoon, fwiw. Football could go independent and play G5 teams and be just fine with it.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron