Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Pay for play is here.

Right now you can't directly pay players, but lets be honest, that's probably coming. That's what'll really be hard for teams outside the new BIG\SEC.
And if true, that sucks. Some college players will be making more than they can in the pros. And it won't be college athletics anymore. It sort of isn't now, but will get worse.

I hope not.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Guess that’s to be expected. I don’t see any reason why they’d be denied.
Tomorrows dominoes will be Cal & Stanford. And I'd bet more to follow!

My guess KU & CU. I would think SEC & Big10 would have interest.

Sure FB drives bus, but KU hoops for 30 nights a winter has value!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Oregon State and Wazzu are feeling what we felt and Cal and Stanford probably aren't far behind.
I bet the Zona schools feel like they'll be OK.

Theyre probably like us.

They've seen the PAC-12 has issues for some time now, but at least a future big 12 option won't be worse than the pac-12 the last decade.

Its doomsday for any school that can't secure a landing spot in one of BIG\SEC\Big12

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And if true, that sucks. Some college players will be making more than they can in the pros. And it won't be college athletics anymore. It sort of isn't now, but will get worse.

I hope not.

Yep. It 100% sucks, but its the new reality. Really takes the enjoyment out of college sports.

Reactions: jctisu

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Yeah I was one of those telling you no immediate expansion and I was clearly beyond wrong and misinformed. I really wonder once the deal is done what we find the actual timeline to be because this seemed to catch a lot of people off guard.

Could also be possible that the top administrators had to keep this close to their chest after the Texas and OU was broke last year. Could only be a handful of people who actually knew this was happening.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
So is this heading towards like three 22ish team conferences?
Yah so basically the lowest 22 team conference is an incubator for development of players who jump for NIL money after proving themselves a season or two thinking they are pro contract material only to sit on the bench, don't get paid 2nd year, don't graduate, but hey, the University and Fox and ESPN raked it in.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Tomorrows dominoes will be Cal & Stanford. And I'd bet more to follow!

My guess KU & CU. I would think SEC & Big10 would have interest.

Sure FB drives bus, but KU hoops for 30 nights a winter has value!
The Pac dominoes have to fall tonight. They've got to notify the league they're leaving by midnight Pacific tonight.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
"The Big 12, with newly named commissioner Brett Yormark, plans to go on the offensive and seek more new members, sources said.

The Big 12 could add Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado along with new members BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF to get to 16 teams after OU and Texas leave for the SEC, a source said. Other Big 12 sources prefer Washington and Oregon as part of the Big 12.

“The Big 12 has never been aggressive (in conference realignment), but they should contact those four Pac-12 schools and tell them ‘come on board because there’s nothing left’ in the Pac-12,” a source said.

Added another source: “We’re not sitting back this time. That killed us in the past. We’re looking to strengthen our conference.”

There is some hope among Pac-12 sources that the league will add schools from the Big 12 or maybe even some type of merger between the leagues.

Whatever happens, one source summed up the future of conference realignment best: “Buckle up, because this is going to be one helluva ride.”

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So will KF be whining and complaining when they go out to USC and Oregon and get absolutely destroyed? Just like he always did when they went to the AZ schools and got destroyed.

I'll bet you he's not a happy camper about this at all. Iowa generally plays bad out west.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
So will KF be whining and complaining when they go out to USC and Oregon and get absolutely destroyed? Just like he always did when they went to the AZ schools and got destroyed.

I'll bet you he's not a happy camper about this at all. Iowa generally plays bad out west.
He'll be retired by the time all of this really kicks in and LaVar Woods doesn't seem to be the whining type.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Oregon State and Wazzu are feeling what we felt and Cal and Stanford probably aren't far behind.
I bet the Zona schools feel like they'll be OK.

I have to think Stanford and Cal have some pressures asking why the F are we doing this from certain people in the school?

The four mountain schools might as well join with BYU/Cincy/Houston/UCF and give them a chance to curb stomp Texas for a year.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think because everyone is assuming the will end up in the B1G. I think if they dont, then of course they will be a top target, with Washington, Utah, CO, and the AZ schools. Im just not sure what to think yet of Stanford and Cal, and Oregon St and Wsh St. Where do they fit in all of this. They dont seem to have a natural landing spot as the others. To me it is how many do each of these conferences take. On where they may end up.

Here is my picking order for schools by conferences as I see it, and some of these are very close to each other at basically ties:

B1G:
1. USC-already done
2. UCLA- already done
3. Oregon
4. Washington
5. Cal
6. Stan
7. Colo
8. Utah
9. Ariz

Big 12
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Utah
4. Colorado
5. Ariz
6. Ariz St
7. Stan
8. Cal
9. Or st.
10. Wash St.
I think Arizona State is more lucrative than Arizona

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
"The Big 12, with newly named commissioner Brett Yormark, plans to go on the offensive and seek more new members, sources said.

The Big 12 could add Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado along with new members BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF to get to 16 teams after OU and Texas leave for the SEC, a source said. Other Big 12 sources prefer Washington and Oregon as part of the Big 12.

“The Big 12 has never been aggressive (in conference realignment), but they should contact those four Pac-12 schools and tell them ‘come on board because there’s nothing left’ in the Pac-12,” a source said.

Added another source: “We’re not sitting back this time. That killed us in the past. We’re looking to strengthen our conference.”

There is some hope among Pac-12 sources that the league will add schools from the Big 12 or maybe even some type of merger between the leagues.

Whatever happens, one source summed up the future of conference realignment best: “Buckle up, because this is going to be one helluva ride.”

Go get’em Brett! Oregon and Washington first though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Welcome home Colorado. My money is on Nebraska to be the next Big 8 school to rejoin us.

If the 40-50 teams of the SEC/Big Ten look at who is the most worthless when they break away from NCAA they'll definitely consider kicking out the skers.

• Haha
Reactions: tim_redd