Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I’d assume if the B1G were to trim the fat, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, and Purdue would be the four most in danger.
Probably accurate but so far I don’t think a school has ever been kicked out of a conference. Obv I don’t think it will happen but in 10-15 years who knows what everything will look like.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If I’m the Big ten I still take my time with this. Have to feel the ACC and ND out. They are perfectly fine with 16 for now.
That could force Oregon and Washington to be gone. I think some combo of big 12 pac 12 could be out there. Not sure what could be the issues if half of each broke out and went together. I would love to take about 6-7 big 12 and jump in with 6-7 pac 12s and make that work if possible.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
New Big 10 Divisions

Big 10 That People Care About

Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
USC
UCLA
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Nebraska

Big 10 That Nobody Cares About

Iowa
Northwestern
Illinois
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland
Minnesota
Indiana

Nebraska doing its best to get relegated.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
New Big 10 Divisions

Big 10 That People Care About

Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State
USC
UCLA
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Nebraska

Big 10 That Nobody Cares About

Iowa
Northwestern
Illinois
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland
Minnesota
Indiana
Move the bottom three from the top to the bottom group and it would be accurate.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I would prefer no divisions but I agree that league is basically on par with the ACC.

The Pac-12 getting eaten alive lessens the chance that ISU gets left out from whatever middle tier emerges, so I’m for it. Wash St and Ore St are the losers instead this round.

On Par with ACC before UNC/Clemson/FSU are at mercy of leaving. Probably the clear #3 conference after they go through same poaching process we did over the past 12 years.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
That could force Oregon and Washington to be gone. I think some combo of big 12 pac 12 could be out there. Not sure what could be the issues if half of each broke out and went together. I would love to take about 6-7 big 12 and jump in with 6-7 pac 12s and make that work if possible.
I don’t think there is enough time for Oregon and Washington to make a decision, they seem blindsided by this.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
If USC/UCLA are gone, I expect Cal, Stanford, Oregon, and UW to follow them

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I would prefer no divisions but I agree that league is basically on par with the ACC.

The Pac-12 getting eaten alive lessens the chance that ISU gets left out from whatever middle tier emerges, so I’m for it. Wash St and Ore St are the losers instead this round.

If I was in charge I'd bring them along just because I know what BS it is (as does every ISU, KSU, OKst, Baylor, TTech fan)...but I'm not in charge.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If I’m the Big ten I still take my time with this. Have to feel the ACC and ND out. They are perfectly fine with 16 for now.

If they've been talking to USC and UCLA on the down low this long, they are also talking to Pitt, UVa, UNC, Duke as the quality AAU schools from the ACC. All about timing.

What is the endgame they have in mind? That's my question. What's the vision for 2030? 16? 20? 24? 32?

My best guess is 20 for both B1G and SEC, poaching from ACC when the time comes. Those two become the AFC and NFC, and the Big12 plus Pac12 and ACC remnants are the USFL. That's ESPN's vision anyway, and it seems to be happening.

• Sad
Reactions: tzjung