Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
The talk of the lesser schools getting booted from B1G/SEC is silly. The one thing the elites want more than money is wins. If all the lesser schools get kicked to the curb, it will be much harder for the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world to get their 10+ wins a year.

Last edited:

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Michigan State would get booted too. There’s a much better school in Ann Arbor.

Funny the Spartan dude needs to watch his tongue because when that shoe drops, they ain’t gonna like it.

Also **** Michigan State
I’m very comfortable with Spartys position in all this. We’re also 10-4 against Michigan the last 14 years, been to a playoff, won the big ten multiple times, and are one of the top 15 teams in terms of ratings.

I also went to both so I won’t argue that Michigan is better academically and certainly has been historically better in football but I’m confident both schools will be fine.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I agree. Pollard would have fought a lot harder to remain AAU if he knew he had a shot at the Big 10.
I don’t think ISU, let alone the athletic director, had much bearing on ISU staying in the AAU. State politics and national demographics decided for us.

Edit: by state politics I mean a lack of support for the university from the state.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I don’t understand the CO hate. They never felt like they belonged in the Big 8, and that predates 1950.

Honestly of all of the defectors of the Big 12, CO is the only school I have no ill feelings towards. They were a better cultural fit with the PAC, left after Mizzou flirting with-Nebby joining the B1G actions, wasn’t two-faced about leaving, and didn’t act like a d!ck by the school/fans/media when/after leaving. F the other five, though.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I’m very comfortable with Spartys position in all this. We’re also 10-4 against Michigan the last 14 years, been to a playoff, won the big ten multiple times, and are one of the top 15 teams in terms of ratings.

I also went to both so I won’t argue that Michigan is better academically and certainly has been historically better in football but I’m confident both schools will be fine.

I’d assume if the B1G were to trim the fat, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, and Purdue would be the four most in danger.

Reactions: dfwcy

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
You can’t just join the Big 10 - that’s my point.

If the Big 10 really wants all 4 of USC, UCLA, OU, and UW then why just announce 2?

Maybe they aren't exactly sure who they want next, but they got the two they wanted and let things shake out a bit further before striking again. Those schools aren't going anywhere.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Then go to a Spartan board and talk about your two new conference foes.

1000 posts of mostly dunking on the Big12 and ISU in realignment.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Maybe they aren't exactly sure who they want next, but they got the two they wanted and let things shake out a bit further before striking again. Those schools aren't going anywhere.
I'm pretty sure for *wink* legal reasons, the schools have to reach out and that may have happened for all we know. There's still a solid 6 1/2 hours before the deadline. Could be a crazy evening.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron