USC just beat UCLA

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Floyd beats UCLA with 'junk' defenses

The AP article on USC's win at UCLA said Tim Floyd pulled some defenses out of his NBA bag by using the triangle and two.
As any Iowa State fan knows, he was using this defense and more long before he left Ames for the NBA.
While we missed the run and gun high scoring Johnny days, I always thought he scouted the opposing teams better than any coach we've ever had. Always changing the defense depending on the strength of the opposing team. And I loved it when he used intentional fouls to perfection.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Re: Floyd beats UCLA with 'junk' defenses

The AP article on USC's win at UCLA said Tim Floyd pulled some defenses out of his NBA bag by using the triangle and two.
As any Iowa State fan knows, he was using this defense and more long before he left Ames for the NBA.
While we missed the run and gun high scoring Johnny days, I always thought he scouted the opposing teams better than any coach we've ever had. Always changing the defense depending on the strength of the opposing team. And I loved it when he used intentional fouls to perfection.

I loved watching his box & 1 defenses with Cato manning the fort.

Help Support Us

Become a patron