USA vs. Trinindad and Tobago

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
That game should have been at least 6-0 the USA can't finish part of the reason they will never win the World Cup or Olympic Gold

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
I watched the first half then switched to Lost but their finishing was killing me. They were everywhere around the goal but couldn't get it done. Hopefully guys like Adu and Jozy (despite the one right before half) can change that in the future.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
T & T was unskilled and unorganized in the half that I watched. You really don't learn anything from a game like this. Can anyone else remember when Dwight Yorke was with Man U? Like 15 years ago, he's not even in the game. The Trini team has players from small clubs in rural Wales.

Demarcus Beasley was comfortable in defense, but its not like anyone was testing him. Its good to see Altidore get some PT after sitting on the bench nearly all season in the Spanish Segunda Division.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I doubt it. We just don't have the number of quality players as the best teams in the world to advance. We've had the occasional great goalie like Brad Friedel who have made a huge difference, but fordward/midfield attacking has always been an issue.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
The USA has good goalkeeper's because its the position with the least "football skill", the difference they provide is overstated. Plenty more keepers from MLS think they can make it in Europe, but can't get the work permits or don't want to go live in a place like Portugal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron