Misc: USA vs. Russia

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've never seen something like that where they keep sending the same guy out over and over again.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've never seen something like that where they keep sending the same guy out over and over again.

Oshie is in the high 60% range for shootout goals, everyone else in the NHL is in the 50% or below, no reason not to trot him out there every time since the rules is the rules. He's truly on another level on his 1v1's. Big weapon to have in this format.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Awesome that Oshie owned the SO, but too bad Kane didn't get to break the Russian fans' hearts with something like this:

[video=youtube;jCFLtBV8Mdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFLtBV8Mdg[/video]

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Definitely one of the best games I've seen in awhile. We were getting outplayed for the first 40 minutes or so but hung in. Kaner is my favorite player anyway, but watching his passes is a thing of beauty. He had some perfect passes today.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Watched the game today and Dan Bylsma is really grinding my gears.

Dustin Brown has to go. He was terrible today with Kane and Kesler. Brown is a grinder but is slow and if he isn't playing with an edge he is worthless. Well he was really lazy today and we were lucky one of his dumb penalties didn't cost us in that game.

If Bylsma wants a banger with Kane Kesler put Blake Wheeler with them and tell Wheeler to park his *** in front of the net and let Kesler and Kane go to work. However, with the chemistry that Kane and Pavelski showed in the 3rd period on the power play and when lines crossed over I would be tempted to put Kane and Pavelski together. They had the magic.

I still need to calm down tho cause right now I can't stop thinking that Canada with Mike Babcock, Peter Laviolette, Lindy Ruff and Stevey Y are playing chess to Bylsma and his mental midgets checkers. If Bylsma preaches choke like he does with the Pens I am gonna lose it. Bylsma is so over rated....

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Jesus H - kid has crazy skills. Period.

Fixed it for you. Kane is one of the top 3-5 players in the NHL in terms of pure skill, and he's taken things more seriously the last couple years. He's dazzling to watch.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
BIG win.. pretty much locks up winning the group as long as they take care of business tomorrow. What a great game too.

I thought Slovenia would finish last in the group heading into the tourney and am shocked they beat Slovakia today 3-1. We better not sleep on them.

I understand that nobody is eliminated after group play but I think being one of the 4 locked in teams will be important for rest. If we had to come out of the preliminary round we would have to play 5 games in 7 days to win Gold (Slovenia tomorrow, Prelim round, Quarters, Semis and Finals next Sunday). The extra rest those 4 teams get over the other 8 is huge.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron