USA - Canada Men's Semi Final Hockey

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
The NHL should go to this size of Ice Surface. How fun is this to watch? Give the skill players more room. Obviously, the sill level is like an All-Star game, but there are hardly any whistles in this game.

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
Yeah, that was a pretty awful PP - Fun 1st pd though. Quick & Price are playing good.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Could be the last time there's this much skill on the same ice in awhile too. NHL players might not be allowed in 2018.
Same thing was said four years ago. If the players want to play they will, plus it is great exposure for the sport and the league.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Same thing was said four years ago. If the players want to play they will, plus it is great exposure for the sport and the league.

If the KHL, Czech, and Swedish leagues continue to participate, the NHL in theory would have no choice but to send its players as well - but that's if Bettman were a reasonable man. I'm not convinced Bettman puts the league's interests ahead of his own ego.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Tavares missing the rest of the season due to an Olympic injury might make some owners rethink the issue.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Canada seems so much faster and aggressive with the puck. Anyone else see USA as being lethargic or tentative in their puck handling.

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
Is it just me, or is it time that NBC NOT have the Olympics. It started with Matt Lauer's incessant droning on with trite crap throughout the opening ceremony. and then the odd choices of placement of events. And the standard all-USA all the time gets old too. At least I could watch curling on CNBC. And today, I cant get the hockey game.. so it is NBCSN .. which I don't get...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Canada seems so much faster and aggressive with the puck. Anyone else see USA as being lethargic or tentative in their puck handling.

People might say that Canada wants it more, but could there be something said for wanting something too much? Perhaps they want it so badly that it's made them tight and not playing to their potential. I mean, right now Canada is blanking the best offense in the Olympics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron