Urbandale Hy-Vee booze sale

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Never said I didn’t like alcohol. Just said I won’t participate in hoarding it. Also a guy called me out saying I was lieing about laws and I posted a link to it and he disappeared

You also referred to the people in this thread as "drunks."

Also, it's spelled "lying."

Reactions: Macloney and JP4CY

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Sorry bro. You might want to stop

I don't think that is true anymore. There are "limits'" though.

INTRODUCTION
The purpose of this bulletin is to provide clarification on the personal importation of alcoholic beverages
into the state of Iowa. This bulletin replaces Educational Bulletin EB-2017-01 issued October 13, 2017.
DISCUSSION
The personal importation of alcoholic beverages into Iowa is allowed, but is limited in the amounts and
uses once imported

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Makes you wonder if restaurants and bars that have people come and buy for their places.

I asked the cashier what her largest sale was. She said $2000, but another cashier had a $7000 sale. They thought both were from restaurants. This was around noon, Friday.

Someone asked if they have things spread out. Answer is yes
  • Wine near the bakery
  • Tequila and rum by the meat/seafood counter
  • Gin and vodka in the big aisle close to the frozen food, eggs and dairy
  • Whisky is in the liquor department
H

• Wow
Reactions: usedcarguy

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I don't think that is true anymore. There are "limits'" though.

INTRODUCTION
The purpose of this bulletin is to provide clarification on the personal importation of alcoholic beverages
into the state of Iowa. This bulletin replaces Educational Bulletin EB-2017-01 issued October 13, 2017.
DISCUSSION
The personal importation of alcoholic beverages into Iowa is allowed, but is limited in the amounts and
uses once imported

You can’t bring alcohol over state lines

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I linked to the actual bulletin from the Beverage Division.
What types of alcoholic beverages can be personally imported?
Alcoholic liquor, wine, and beer can be personally imported by individuals of legal age. (IC §§ 123.22,
123.146, 123.171)

Last edited:
Reactions: Macloney

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Yes you can. I used to work in the industry and you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about so just stop. Iowa has a personal consumption law which allows you to carry 9 liters of liquor which is 12 .750ml bottles. I believe beer is two cases.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Sorry bro. You might want to stop

Sounds like an empty scare tactic to me. In my younger days before fireworks were legal in Iowa, a couple buddies would drive over to WI with me and load up once a year. We would usually take orders and buy for other people who didn't want to make the trip with us. Got pulled over by an IA state trooper with a trunk full of fireworks one of the times just outside of McGregor and his first question when he got to my car was "Do you have any fireworks in here?" I straight up told him yes and he let us go with a warning. He didn't give a rats you-know-what

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Never said I didn’t like alcohol. Just said I won’t participate in hoarding it. Also a guy called me out saying I was lieing about laws and I posted a link to it and he disappeared

I won't participate in hoarding either. I mean I have no problem getting rid of it (drinking it). You do understand what hoarding is? It's the persistent difficulty of getting rid of possessions, regardless of their actual value. So you really are closet drunk then!!

Just quit. Your posts are worthless.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If nothing else this is cause for my wife to finally get back at me. I make fun of her sale shopping on Black Friday, and trust me when I say she has not missed her chance to point out the irony of me buying way more alcohol than I need simply because it is one sale. And I think I've discovered some empathy for the thrill she gets from buying 4 sets of pots and pans just because.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Yes you can. I used to work in the industry and you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about so just stop. Iowa has a personal consumption law which allows you to carry 9 liters of liquor which is 12 .750ml bottles. I believe beer is two cases.
Ok. Thanks. It’s changed then. Still 2 cases of beer is not much. That’s probably why my buddy got ticketed with 10 cases a long with his tint ticket.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Ok. Thanks. It’s changed then. Still 2 cases of beer is not much. That’s probably why my buddy got ticketed with 10 cases a long with his tint ticket.

I don't think it changed. It appears the problem is that the original bulletin was a misinterpretation of the law. The subsequent bulletin stated that it was a clarification of the previous bulletin....which is a nice way of them saying they were wrong.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Being anti-stocking up on a non-parishable good while on extreme sale is a weird stance to take. Who the hell cares if someone wants to buy 6 months worth of whiskey when it's on sale? It's not like it will go bad or something...

• Winner
Reactions: Tailg8er

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Ridiculous. I live on the IL and WI border and literally know of dozens of others including myself that do this regularly. Maybe none of us have been caught, but I still call bs.

We take booze on camping/fishing trips all of the time across states. Heck, we take it into Canada. As long as it's under a certain amount, Canada don't care.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We take booze on camping/fishing trips all of the time across states. Heck, we take it into Canada. As long as it's under a certain amount, Canada don't care.
anigif_sub-buzz-3192-1593354224-13.gif