Urban Meyer shows his stripes ... again

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Hey urbie,

There is no need to announce that anymore. It is public knowledge that U of Tennessee, Florida State, Cleveland and the NY Jets have requested interviews in the past. I think the world is aware. Old news. Go back to coaching and get migraines on the sideline.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Campbell Family Stadium

We should never change the name of the stadium even if he wins multiple national championships here. Call it Campbell Field if you must or change the name of the whole area to Campbell Sports Complex or something (especially if they do that P&L district) but we should never ever get rid of the Jack Trice name. I guess I could be ok with it if we built a whole new stadium somewhere else but even then...

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Hey urbie,

There is no need to announce that anymore. It is public knowledge that U of Tennessee, Florida State, Cleveland and the NY Jets have requested interviews in the past. I think the world is aware. Old news. Go back to coaching and get migraines on the sideline.
That is impressive that he turned down all these jobs. Need to pay Campbell and John more.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
We should never change the name of the stadium even if he wins multiple national championships here. Call it Campbell Field if you must or change the name of the whole area to Campbell Sports Complex or something (especially if they do that P&L district) but we should never ever get rid of the Jack Trice name. I guess I could be ok with it if we built a whole new stadium somewhere else but even then...
I agree. I am much more focused on the long term impact Campbell could have.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
One of the key reasons CMC should stay was on full display today. He has proven he can win at ISU; while Texas is approaching 10 years of trying to be “back”. Same at Michigan, Nebraska, FSU, etc.. There is more parity than ever, but expectations for these schools are still based on history; a advantageous past that’s not coming back. The result, unrealistic expectations and a revolving door of coaches. Think about how all those programs were built, coaching consistency with the right coach at the right time and commitment from the school.

CMC...should be ISU’s Snyder, Beamer, Fry/Ferentz, Bowden, etc..
If there's one thing I've learned in life it is: Money is NOT everything. In fact in the scope of life, happiness, and legacy, it's downright trivial. Jackie Gleason (yep, I know, it dates me) was asked very late in his life when he was happiest. Widely regarded as having everything, he said "When I had nothing." That is SO TRUE. So, to you younger people starting out: savor every moment in life. Especially the 'now'. And to MC, "If temptation is knocking at your door, be sure your vision is for not only you, but for your family, and the hundreds of thousands of loyal fans forever true."

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
If there's one thing I've learned in life it is: Money is NOT everything. In fact in the scope of life, happiness, and legacy, it's downright trivial. Jackie Gleason (yep, I know, it dates me) was asked very late in his life when he was happiest. Widely regarded as having everything, he said "When I had nothing." That is SO TRUE. So, to you younger people starting out: savor every moment in life. Especially the 'now'. And to MC, "If temptation is knocking at your door, be sure your vision is for not only you, but for your family, and the hundreds of thousands of loyal fans forever true."

Rosebud

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Huh. Almost like we have a coach that’s shown you can do it without a roster full of 4/5 star kids...
Yeah, but so far “do it” means win 7-8 games before this year, and you never know how things shake out next year and beyond. If you think Campbell can just roll out classes in the 20s-30s because he requires culture fit and win 9-10 games at a place like Michigan, I don’t think he’s lasting. People are ready to run Harbaugh off and before this year he’s won 8, 9, 10, 10, and 10 games.
I think it’s moot regarding Michigan as there’s little chance they can Harbaugh. I think much of the media doesn’t like him, so the noise is exaggerated.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yeah, but so far “do it” means win 7-8 games before this year, and you never know how things shake out next year and beyond. If you think Campbell can just roll out classes in the 20s-30s because he requires culture fit and win 9-10 games at a place like Michigan, I don’t think he’s lasting. People are ready to run Harbaugh off and before this year he’s won 8, 9, 10, 10, and 10 games.
I think it’s moot regarding Michigan as there’s little chance they can Harbaugh. I think much of the media doesn’t like him, so the noise is exaggerated.
I’m pretty sure the boosters still love Harbaugh too. Same with Herman in Texas.

But it’s also moot because Campbell isn’t leaving.

Reactions: wgleason and AuH2O

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
It is good to be in the limelight and national folks talking about stealing your coach.

Two things to consider, one of the easier path to the playoffs is through the Big12. If you win out , you will be in the playoffs. It is not a grind like the SEC or the BIG 10 east.

The second part, CMC in my opinion has still not put together a complete season. Early season loses, crucial game loses and bowl loses. To be honest outside of OU the BIG 12 has not been good the last few years and OU has got smacked in the postseason.

I think there are Coaches above CMC with proven records. CMC is an amazing fit here and he is growing. Pay the man like a top 25 coach and replace Manning offense , we may be in the playoffs.
Mannings offense is CMCs offense. Be careful what you ask for!!!

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Nebraska is easy living also, the big 10 west is garbage. Northwestern found a way to win. Imagine if nebraska had two of cyclones head coaches :)

Imagine if you had a clue.

Really dude, your 12 year old hok drooling over what we have your hoks don't is old. Take it elsewhere.

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Hey urbie,

If Urban the Arrogant wants to keep up his 'smartest guy in the room' rep, he should just stick to play design explanations. Leave the coaching rumor mill to Herbie the Humble.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup