Updated Roster weights.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Besides the ones already listed, some other significant gains were made by J. Harris already to 241, Burton up to 320, Waggoner to 247. On the other side, Justin Madison is still light at 212, Aka is still undersized a bit at 285, and Garcia is still at 277. Our DL will have to be quick!

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Good work by the guys and the strength coaches. Glad to see Richardson, Rohach, and Hodge all make significant gains.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Lanning didn't really need extra weight, especially if he stays at QB, so his small gain doesn't bother me.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Nope. Although it always seems like there are a few TE athletic freaks that come out of nowhere in the draft.

He looks the part. Watching him last year, I can see why Stoops wanted him. Can't wait to see how our new OC utilizes him.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
On Bibbs- He could be really good but it's going to be tough. I just feel like you get some of these freaks to play TE at some smaller schools and then they come out and run well, are 6'5 and people love them. In the NFL, those backers and safeties are so damn athletic, being a pretty good TE isn't good enough. I think he'll me it and I think he could be there for a long time as a sort of utility player (think Delaney Walker) but it will be tough for a team to draft him over a receiver with similar odds of being a good player. That said, maybe he runs a 4.5 and will be one of those guys.

Omoile and Burton packed it on. There's no way Omoile approached that number last year. It seems like the program is trying to get good weight on guys to get a base and then in about their 2nd or third year, they put on the big number. I would expect Campos and Curtis to follow suit. The new guys are more of a matter of just transforming lbs.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Devron Moore and Darian Cotton both wear #23, or at least that is what they are listed as. Is that allowed, being as they are both defensive players? Or is one only allowed to play on special teams?

Another question. Is Kamari Cotton-Moya a CB or a Safety?

The numbers don't matter until September. They'll change if they need it to get on the field.

Cotton-Moya practiced maybe 3 weeks last year before he tore the Achilles. I'm not sure he has a position, I could be wrong.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Devron Moore and Darian Cotton both wear #23, or at least that is what they are listed as. Is that allowed, being as they are both defensive players? Or is one only allowed to play on special teams?

As long as they aren't on the field at the same time they can have the same number. Most likely they will change it come fall ball.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Looks like they're trying to beef up those QBs to take more of a pounding in the running game.

Maybe theyll take less of a pounding with that new OC and Campos up to 280 as of right now hopefully

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I like the size of our LBers, I just hope that it turns out to be athletic size. The lack of depth on DL is daunting.... I know we will have a couple new ones on the way with this last class (Ayeni, Pierson, and Taylor). But still a little scary at this point....

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Besides the ones already listed, some other significant gains were made by J. Harris already to 241, Burton up to 320, Waggoner to 247. On the other side, Justin Madison is still light at 212, Aka is still undersized a bit at 285, and Garcia is still at 277. Our DL will have to be quick!

The combine had a lot of lighter weight d-linemen. Very few were much larger than 285. One guy was 249.

Looking at the weights overall in the combine, the people weighed less than what you might expect less the linebackers who were mostly 250 or more.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
The combine had a lot of lighter weight d-linemen. Very few were much larger than 285. One guy was 249.

Looking at the weights overall in the combine, the people weighed less than what you might expect less the linebackers who were mostly 250 or more.
Don't disagree, but 340 lb. OL at OU don't care.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

I'm confused. 212 is fine for a redshirt freshman linebacker. Even as a senior, Brackens is still listed at 215.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

They can share the same number, just can't be on the field at the same time.