Update

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bass looks best running outside. Looking for some real screen passes this year.

Saw Dave Rimington at the Great Wolf Lodge in KC with his family. He can walk fine but he weighs about 350.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
One of the new recruits from Joliet, Christian Graham may be bringing a partner into visit. Christian is a 4.4 wide receiver and juco who played with Joe Blaes.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
One of the new recruits from Joliet, Christian Graham may be bringing a partner into visit. Christian is a 4.4 wide receiver and juco who played with Joe Blaes.

Actually, McMahon played at Joliet, and he left ISU already. But I guess that didn't hurt us too much.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Lil Wayne sings the song "I'm Raw" and Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive... so raw is good!! thats' how i explain the word "raw" being good!

Drews79

Apr 11, 2006
Good Grief, Bass is built like a machine! He definitely looks the part of a Big 12 running back. I just hope our O-line can be average at the least...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Good to have you sharing your inside info 33.

I believe if our D is better than expected (which is possible with Bell on the field and Chizik coaching) and the O-line can hold it's own, the 'Clones will have a solid year. Maybe stating the obvious, but my 2¢...

The problem we have is the schedule with game at Toledo right after the mental battle with Iowa. We go to nebraska and A&M. Then we play two more tough ones like Texas and oklahoma. After the Oklahoma fest, where will our heads be?

We can win everything else after that, but that string of six tough game is not good and rotten scheduling.

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
Did JJ look like that before coming to ISU? Just wondering how much our S&C coaches have impacted his build. I really (REALLY) hope our O-line is working hard this summer and getting stronger/faster. IMO, they & the D 2ndary are the keys to our success this season. (Plus, keeping composure during the brutal schedule, like Wesley says)

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
JJ did look like that when he got here, he is a very hard worker and ever since he committed to ISU he has been working his butt off in the weight room, he is all football. Ive known him since around the time he committed and i have enjoyed talking to him about ISU, he has a very stong mentality and is very passionate about his game, I just hope he can back his words on the field. which i think he will :yes4lo: As for zone blocking, it takes NFL teams a long time to perfect that, it is a great scheme but it is so tedious to do and teach, and with players only playing for 2-3 years it is hard to keep zone blocking fresh.

Schroed

Apr 10, 2006
Does anyone know if we are going to stay with a zone blocking scheme? To me, it seems to work great, up to the point where there is a weakness at two or three positions on the line. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have set plays to set holes.

last year we used zone blocking in the first half of the Iowa game and also in the missouri game. if you watch those two games, you realize we should have been running zone blocking and having kock run the ball all year long. THATS REALLY FRUSTRATING.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Hey 33... and pictures of JJ from the back?? Just wanted Iowa to get a preview of what they will be seeing this year:).

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
Does anyone else wish we still had TM at mlb??? We would have a hell of a 4-4.

ISUC33, are you black?

I do and I don't....I really try not to think about it. The guy was good and he would have had 2 more season for us. But, I think, and this is pure speculation, I think he know what the coaches were going to demand of the players. And treatment was going to be across the board. I also think he knew that NO position was nailed down and they were going to recruit more backers for competition and everyone was replaceable. No blast on Mac, but I has heard from people that some players were treated different than others and that some players started....even when the guy behind them was palying better. This happens on teams all the time. I tdon;t think TM wanted to go through that and he jsut did not want to be here with Mac gone. I do not think it was a coincidence that TM ended up where Mac is working now. And if Jim Leavit has a good year this year....Mac could end up DC or HC there. I also do not think it is a coincidence that our ex-HC could only get hired as a D-Line coach at a program like USF. Not a "bash" just observing the facts.

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
I also talked a little to Taylor at the ISU outing in Cedar Rapids. Very pleasant young man and seemed very eager to get on the field and show what he could do.

CyFarmer

Aug 15, 2006
last year we used zone blocking in the first half of the Iowa game and also in the missouri game. if you watch those two games, you realize we should have been running zone blocking and having kock run the ball all year long. THATS REALLY FRUSTRATING.

We went away from the zone scheme in the Mizzou game because Kock is not a zone back and for the only time all year we played to the strength of our OL. That was take their big bodies and lay on smaller DL until we ground them into the turf. In turn, Kock ran to specific holes whereas in a zone scheme the back "runs to daylight" or in other words flows with the line until the cutback to green in there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron