UNL AD mentions interest in future games vs. ISU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Well, they have OU on the schedule four times in the next decade, so will be fun watching them get the **** kicked out of them by that old Big 8 mate.

I don't see us doing it while we play 9 conference games + Iowa.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nope. We only have the chance to schedule 2 wins.

• Agree
Reactions: weR138

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Iowa State
unhappy-iowa-state-fan-college-basketball-fan-gifs.gif

Kansas State
foff.gif

OU

RegularTallIndianglassfish-max-1mb.gif

Kansas:
bill-self-are-you-kidding-me.gif

OK State:
MichaelCobbinsOKStateOpenMouthStare.gif

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Right. First, the big 12 would have to omit one conference game. Second, we'd buy another win...not a P5 team. Third and most importantly,

**** Nebraska.
So you mean what exactly the BIG is talking about doing...8 game conference sched and sched another non-P5 patsy home game. Still, I wouldn't mind an every other year with Iowa and Nebby...

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I would love if we could play more regional P5 football games, but as long as we are playing 9 Big 12 + Iowa, it will never really make sense. As much as I like the round robin of the Big 12, we are currently set to play the same 10 teams every year. It would be great to mix it up every now and then. I would propose to have the CyHawk game skip every third year so we can schedule games with Nebraska, Minnesota, Colorado, Mizzou, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Sure. They can come into Jack Trice so we can show them the new and improved Iowa State football program.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So you mean what exactly the BIG is talking about doing...8 game conference sched and sched another non-P5 patsy home game. Still, I wouldn't mind an every other year with Iowa and Nebby...

I wouldnt mind scheduling nebraska on the alternate schedule to Iowa if the big 12 went to 8.

The big 12 needs inventory though. Maybe it could get this through enough agreements to play p5 games in exchange for dropping a conference game?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I would love if we could play more regional P5 football games, but as long as we are playing 9 Big 12 + Iowa, it will never really make sense. As much as I like the round robin of the Big 12, we are currently set to play the same 10 teams every year. It would be great to mix it up every now and then. I would propose to have the CyHawk game skip every third year so we can schedule games with Nebraska, Minnesota, Colorado, Mizzou, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc.
I agree with all of this except the word Nebraska. Nebraska set in motion a course of events that could have had (and still could) a detrimental effect on ISU.

**** Nebraska today
**** Nebraska tomorrow
**** Nebraska forever

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I'd love to go to Lincoln and just shut them down, give the Nebs an introduction to "The Process".

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
The responses to this simply reinforce the fact that it would be a lot of fun to get that game back.

No one gives a damn about Akron, UNI, whatever dump FCS program takes up a weekend, etc. Everyone would care about the program getting another crack at ******* Nebraska.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If I had a time machine, and only 1 chance to use it... Better than 50/50 chance I go back to the last game vs Nebraska and tell the punter to put just a little more air under that 2 point conversion pass.

NO interest in playing NU or helping them in any way. Not unless they are paying us for a home and home or something like that where they have to grovel... and even then, probably not supportive unless Big12 expands and goes to 8 conference games.