United Airlines - "Not a nut free airline"

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Per the article the passenger that ate the nuts was asked to refrain several times, which would lead me to believe that he ate them despite the requests/warnings. The article also mentioned that the airline has banned him from flying on their planes for two years.

edit. nevermind.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
images

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
One of my better friends has a son, who is my son's best friend. His son is severely allergic to peanuts. Him and his wife's main concern is not the peanut itself but peanut oil. The boy is 8 years old and has known hes been allergic his whole entire life. He carries an epipen with him everywhere he goes. If our families go to a ball game and peanuts are around, its not like we can change seats, but we all just heighten our awareness and keep an eye on him. His parents are more fearful of the peanut oil. An eatery cooks their chicken strips or french fries in peanut oil and it's a hidden poison. I will never forget 3 years ago, the little guy was 5 and we were at the Friday night high school football game, a bunch of us families together having a great time. A bag of popcorn was bought (without the parents seeing it and aware of it) and he eventually ate some of his friends popcorn. It was later realized that the popcorn was popped in peanut oil. 10 minutes later he was going into shock and couldnt breathe. Anyone of us would have panic'd, but I credit my friend who grabbed his son, layed him down on the bleacher and gave him the epipen with everyone in the stands deathly quiet watching. Him and his wife picked up their son and ran to the car and took him to the hospital. We all started bawling because we were terrified. I honestly cannot believe why Peanut Oil still has a place in the food oil industry. The kid is a pretty cool kid, I just remember him and my son had a flag football game the day after and we thought forsure he wasnt coming, but 10 minutes to kickoff he here comes running up like nothing ever happened.

Last edited: