Uniform Ideas

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Didn't Navy have one like that striped one for a bowl game a couple years ago?

Uniform opinions are like ********. Everybody has one.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Uniforms are suppose to mean something and be an Iconic image to the program. If you continue to change them, your sending the wrong message.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Uniforms are suppose to mean something and be an Iconic image to the program. If you continue to change them, your sending the wrong message.

Despite my avatar, I agree with this wholeheartedly (as long as the unis you have aren't complete dog poo and I don't think ours are by any stretch -- they have a classic, collegiate look).

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

That would be one thing if we had uniforms with any history. The problem is we don't so we either need to be like Oregon and change every game or have a general style and update it about every ten years. The problem with our current ones is that we are trying to act like we have history. We need to find something simple that can be modified to keep up with the times.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That would be one thing if we had uniforms with any history. The problem is we don't so we either need to be like Oregon and change every game or have a general style and update it about every ten years. The problem with our current ones is that we are trying to act like we have history. We need to find something simple that can be modified to keep up with the times.
How long have you been a fan? The uniforms mean something to ME and I'm sure many offers. Its like the United States flag or other works of art, for example, you don't tear down Hickory Park and build a new one because it is a landmark.

Cyclonus

Nov 22, 2009
Milwaukee
Would like to see a throwback along these lines...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 9.22.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-18 at 9.22.34 PM.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 142

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
How long have you been a fan? The uniforms mean something to ME and I'm sure many offers. Its like the United States flag or other works of art, for example, you don't tear down Hickory Park and build a new one because it is a landmark.
I have been for the past 13 years or so. Ever since I was old enough to understand sports. How do these have any history. If you think they have history then as far as I'm concerned you are the one who hasn't been a fan. These uniforms are what 6 or 7 years old. They are not historic that is for sure and they are close to the point where teams update (10 years or so) and when the expansion is done it would be like 8 or 9 years. I find these uniforms somewhat embarrassing because like I said we are trying to act like we have a ton of history.

Also Hickory Park has been rebuilt multiple times so it isn't like the building is particularly historic.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
We aren't the Cardinals anymore so I don't see using Cy on helmets. i would like to see us come up with something with a cyclone emblem.

I like the I State and would love to see us with white helmets and some more modern uniform design. If we could do a modernized version of the Trice uni's that would be excellent.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Personally... I think this helmet would be a good change

BboAP7eCIAAPE4O.jpg

This. I love this helmet. Its my new background on my computer. I also really like the helmet in my avatar if ISU ever did an all black uniform for a one time deal.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
I idea of wearing the Jack Trice uniforms for Homecoming is a great idea! Move the numbers on the front of the jersey to right or left shoulder, that would be an awesome uniform.

Oregon and Baylor have made a lot of changes to their uniforms, and look at what they have done on the field! So maybe its not the OC, just the uniforms. :pconfused:

kyle22kjs

Nov 2, 2012
Changing Uniforms, and doing different combinations is a recruiting tool. I wish we would follow this pattern.

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
If I'm being honest I don't really give a **** what we wear on out there and I don't think we would/should change uni's again for quite a while. That said, I still like seeing these mock-up threads every year, it's fun to see what people come up with.