UNI @ Nebraska FB in 2024

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Indicative of how far the huskers have fallen. This year Frost begs to get out of the OU contract and now they add an FCS team.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I thought the big 10 was trying to do away with fcs games? Glad to see UNI on some schedules other than ours.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I thought the big 10 was trying to do away with fcs games? Glad to see UNI on some schedules other than ours.they did away with it.
Don’t think that edict ever actually came into effect. They just wanted the slaps on the back/ atta boys they got for saying they wouldn’t play FCS teams. Then when push came to shove they did a big “oh, never mind.” B1g W is basically an FCS schedule so not sure what the point was anyway.

Reactions: heitclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Don’t think that edict ever actually came into effect. They just wanted the slaps on the back/ atta boys they got for saying they wouldn’t play FCS teams. Then when push came to shove they did a big “oh, never mind.” B1g W is basically an FCS schedule so not sure what the point was anyway.

IMHO the big distinction is how many P5 games total and how many P5 conference games total.

Something like 20 teams have been added to FBS over the past couple decade and it's not like they added just the best FCS teams, a lot of not that great FCS teams moved up and a ton of FCS powerhouses stayed FCS. In Sagarin from 80-140 any given year there's that zone of about 60 teams where there is no difference between FCS and FBS.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
UNI doesn't just have history of giving ISU fits...Nebraska fans better hope Frost gets it together.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
There were times there in the late 80s and early 90s where it may have happened...also the early Ferentz years.
Timing just never worked. Hayden only scheduled UNI once and the first couple Kirk years were right before Farley got the job. Kirk had turned it by the time Mark got his first shot in 05.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
UNI doesn't just have history of giving ISU fits...Nebraska fans better hope Frost gets it together.
They've had chances vs. Iowa as well. I think if those two played more UNI wins at some point.

Yeah, I just looked it up and this century Iowa has two comfortable wins and the other matchups were nail biters. That's playing about every 4-5 years. If they were playing almost every year the way ISU was for a long time Iowa would mostly likely have had at least a loss or two in those years.

Not saying they should play UNI every single year, I know I don't want ISU to do that especially with only 2 open scheduling opportunities. I don't blame Fran for ending playing road games there in basketball either. I watched the ridiculous game that led him to do it and he was totally right. He did ISU a favor, it's not like playing @Phog where winning 5vs8 gets you a marquee resume win.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Yeah, I just looked it up and this century Iowa has two comfortable wins and the other matchups were nail biters. That's playing about every 4-5 years. If they were playing almost every year the way ISU was for a long time Iowa would mostly likely have had at least a loss or two in those years.

Not saying they should play UNI every single year, I know I don't want ISU to do that especially with only 2 open scheduling opportunities. I don't blame Fran for ending playing road games there in basketball either. I watched the ridiculous game that led him to do it and he was totally right. He did ISU a favor, it's not like playing @Phog where winning 5vs8 gets you a marquee resume win.
I don't want to rehash the whole Fran thing in Cedar Falls but him getting run was exactly what he wanted from the moment that game started to end the H-H. He was a belligerent ******* from the moment he walked out of the tunnel and we all know that no fan base buys into being the victim like that one does

There were 3 second weekend/Final Four level officials on the floor that night in Higgins, Janssen and JD Collins. It wasn't some homer job, it was a bad Iowa team against a pretty good UNI team as well. Fran also got tossed when he brought Siena to Cedar Falls a couple years before that.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
They've had chances vs. Iowa as well. I think if those two played more UNI wins at some point.
That's why Iowa won't schedule them. Which is smart on their part.

Personally I would like to see a lot more SEMO and Ohio, and a lot less UNI on that first weekend. A dry run scrimmage is much better week 1 than a physical chip-on-their-shoulder underdog and confidence-damaging close win.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE