UNI FB this Spring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Farley should have used his timeouts on the goaline stand to at least give his team a chance to have the ball with more time on the clock than 19 seconds. Pretty tough to stop a team when they're on the 1/2 yard line.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
UNI stayed in the game with turnovers. Wish they had pulled it out.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Farley is most definitely a giant ass.

I used to work at Pepper's in CF (where UNI holds their press conferences). Everyone hated when Farley came in because he was an absolute toolbag to anyone who wasn't mighty enough to be in his presence. I had to move him to a different table once because he wanted a more secluded area where he wouldn't be bothered by all of his adoring fans. This was after a grand total of 0 people even acknowledged him.

• Funny
  • Haha
Reactions: Cycsk and CloneGuy8

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I used to work at Pepper's in CF (where UNI holds their press conferences). Everyone hated when Farley came in because he was an absolute toolbag to anyone who wasn't mighty enough to be in his presence. I had to move him to a different table once because he wanted a more secluded area where he wouldn't be bothered by all of his adoring fans. This was after a grand total of 0 people even acknowledged him.
I could tell you stories I’ve heard. I’m not surprised by that at all and if you told me anything other than exactly that I would of been shocked.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
UNI's QB looks like he's lost a step. That being said, spring football is weird.
I was watching the game, and thinking, that's not the same QB that played against ISU in 2019. His number was 13, and he looked way better than this guy. What happened to McElvain? Injury, Covid? Then the announcer said his name, and I was shocked.

But, he will probably look like a Walter Payton Candidate against ISU in their September Super Bowl.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I checked out his 247 profile, and Sapp had a bunch of blue-blood offers. He looked good last night. UNI has a good one in him

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I checked out his 247 profile, and Sapp had a bunch of blue-blood offers. He looked good last night. UNI has a good one in him
Bennys dad played for Iowa and then transferred to UNI. He played in the pros for a while. Looked up on the roster. Benny has a brother named Benjamin.....must not know many other names

• Funny
Reactions: CRCySpy

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I was watching the game, and thinking, that's not the same QB that played against ISU in 2019. His number was 13, and he looked way better than this guy. What happened to McElvain? Injury, Covid? Then the announcer said his name, and I was shocked.

But, he will probably look like a Walter Payton Candidate against ISU in their September Super Bowl.

Same guy. McElvain changed numbers. First game in 13 months with no protection up front.

The other thing with last night is our OC took a job with the Packers as their new TE coach on Friday and resigned effective immediately. Can't possibly blame him for it but the timing sure sucks.

• Informative
Reactions: CRCySpy

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bennys dad played for Iowa and then transferred to UNI. He played in the pros for a while. Looked up on the roster. Benny has a brother named Benjamin.....must not know many other names

Benny the second actually was forced to transfer from Iowa. He was kicked off the Iowa team for violence or criminal behavior, I believe. I think it happened in the summer, so he transferred to UNI because he could play right away.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Benny the second actually was forced to transfer from Iowa. He was kicked off the Iowa team for violence or criminal behavior, I believe. I think it happened in the summer, so he transferred to UNI because he could play right away.
I couldn’t remember exactly what the reasons were but knew he went to play right away.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I would frequent peppers occasionally during my almost 5 years living in CF. Decent sports bar and all, but seems bizarre that UNI would do football press conferences there.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Illinois State @ UNI game coming on at 4 pm. Believe game is on some CW stations & NBC Sports Chicago

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Acylum