UNI FB this Spring

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I work in Cedar Falls and live near and just learned last week that the first game is this week. Crazy how little they are promoting it

To be fair, there have been plenty of times in the past that I've realized there was a game because of the cones being placed on Hudson Rd. They've never done a good job promoting their games locally.

This just seems to be a bigger opportunity than most years to at least promote the TV side. Surprised that KCRG hasn't done more commercials for it honestly if they're the ones showing it.

I doubt they have any issue filling their limited capacity in the dome.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
There were still teams opting out as late as last week. I think everybody was just super nervous that it wasn't actually going to happen.

And can confirm, the limited capacity for the year, right around 3000, is sold out with a pretty significant wait list. UNI's season ticket base is about 6000 and that's before you get to parents and a chunk of corporate donors that don't consistently take tickets.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Yeah, my wife was a UNI athlete in college and she (and her family) are legitimate 100% Panther-first fans. My in-laws have started following ISU some since I'm a big fan, but they absolutely hate Iowa and hate how so many UNI people are Hawkeyes first.

So I definitely plan on watching when it works out.
That's got to be a rarity. Most UNI grads I know sport hok gear and stickers on their cars. You'd never know they went to UNI.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I am looking forward to a little football this time of year and will definitely watch them. I’d like to go to a game or two if I can find tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If you want to watch UNI Football Games this Spring some of them will be broadcast on local television:

"Three of UNI's four home games will be broadcast across the region on the Panther Sports Network while the fourth will be produced by the Valley and broadcast exclusively on the ESPN family of networks.

The season opener scheduled for Friday, Feb. 19 against South Dakota State, March 6's game against Illinois State and the home game against Missouri State on March 20 will all be broadcast on the Panther Sports Network.

Fans throughout Iowa will have several viewing options available to them when games are on the Panther Sports Network. You can find the Panthers on CFU Cable TV Channel 15 in the Cedar Falls; KCWI Ch 23 in the Des Moines Market; KGCW 26 in the Davenport Market; KCRG-TV ABC Channel 9 in the Cedar Rapids' market; and regionally on NBC Sports Chicago and ESPN+/3."

That press release could have been a little more clear. I’m still confused as to when they play and where to watch. Would like to do some scouting for the opener.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
That's got to be a rarity. Most UNI grads I know sport hok gear and stickers on their cars. You'd never know they went to UNI.

Have two in on my wife's side of the family - you would never guess they graduated from UNI. Personalized Iowa plates on vehicles and plenty of Iowa gear. Only time they root for UNI is when they play Iowa State.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am a UNI alum that only cheers for UNI when they play Iowa....

Not entirely true. But I just don't care that much tbh. Declaring your fan loyalty to schools like UNI or Drake would be like saying your favorite baseball team is the Iowa Cubs.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Reminder Game on Tonight at 7 pm if interested. I know for some with Mediacom the CW might be not available (station pulled) but if you have NBC Sports Chicago it's supposedly suppose to be on their Plus channel (if it isn't blacked out).

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm and NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Reminder Game on Tonight at 7 pm if interested. I know for some with Mediacom the CW might be not available (station pulled) but if you have NBC Sports Chicago it's supposedly suppose to be on their Plus channel (if it isn't blacked out).
On my YTTV

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Whoa. I had no idea Surrency is the color commentator guy.
Is that new? Sorry, dont watch them much.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Myself, wife, son, and his girlfriend are UNI graduates. Our 4 season tickets are in Jack Trice stadium.
tenor.gif