UNI FB this Spring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
If you want to watch UNI Football Games this Spring some of them will be broadcast on local television:

"Three of UNI's four home games will be broadcast across the region on the Panther Sports Network while the fourth will be produced by the Valley and broadcast exclusively on the ESPN family of networks.

The season opener scheduled for Friday, Feb. 19 against South Dakota State, March 6's game against Illinois State and the home game against Missouri State on March 20 will all be broadcast on the Panther Sports Network.

Fans throughout Iowa will have several viewing options available to them when games are on the Panther Sports Network. You can find the Panthers on CFU Cable TV Channel 15 in the Cedar Falls; KCWI Ch 23 in the Des Moines Market; KGCW 26 in the Davenport Market; KCRG-TV ABC Channel 9 in the Cedar Rapids' market; and regionally on NBC Sports Chicago and ESPN+/3."

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk and Acylum

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Saw a 4 round mock today that had 2 Panthers. Guessing its safer to say they'll have some opt outs.

Has NDST QB officially made a decision? Seems like the fall game was his farewell.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I looked all over hell this weekend in an attempt to find out broadcast info for this game. Sans an announcement by KELO for viewers in NW Iowa and South Dakota a WEEK ago, nothing but crickets in any of UNI's websites or social media outlets. It's as if they don't care about promoting their team, which is insane considering it's cold as **** and they have the opportunity to win over some new fans being the only football on TV.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Saw a 4 round mock today that had 2 Panthers. Guessing its safer to say they'll have some opt outs.

Has NDST QB officially made a decision? Seems like the fall game was his farewell.

I know their Tackle is opting out to prepare for the draft, don't know about the other.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

Yes, Trey Lance entered the Draft.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa

Yes Lance will be a first round pick. Fun fact Zeb Noland (former Cyclone) could be their starting QB

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I know their Tackle is opting out to prepare for the draft, don't know about the other.

T Spencer Brown and DE Elerson Smith both opted out and went straight to the Senior Bowl and are in the Draft process. Brown could go anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd. Smith looks like a 3rd rounder.

TE Briley Moore transferred to K-State last fall and will be drafted this spring

DB Xavior Williams transferred to Iowa, where he'll most likely start next fall and be in the 2022 Draft. He had the 'fumble' return for a touchdown two falls ago.

LB Chris Kolarevic grad transferred to Nebraska (LOL) and will play there next fall. He'd actually lost his starting spot at UNI and whether or not he sees the field there is an indicator of how bad Nebraska is.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I probably will follow the Panthers this year but I have a couple buddies that played for Farley and are legit UNI fans. (Yes, they actually exist)

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I probably will follow the Panthers this year but I have a couple buddies that played for Farley and are legit UNI fans. (Yes, they actually exist)

Yeah, my wife was a UNI athlete in college and she (and her family) are legitimate 100% Panther-first fans. My in-laws have started following ISU some since I'm a big fan, but they absolutely hate Iowa and hate how so many UNI people are Hawkeyes first.

So I definitely plan on watching when it works out.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Yeah, my wife was a UNI athlete in college and she (and her family) are legitimate 100% Panther-first fans. My in-laws have started following ISU some since I'm a big fan, but they absolutely hate Iowa and hate how so many UNI people are Hawkeyes first.

So I definitely plan on watching when it works out.

This is a real thing and I promise you that more of us exist than you think. It's just those other idiots are louder....

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I work in Cedar Falls and live near and just learned last week that the first game is this week. Crazy how little they are promoting it

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So they turn around and play again this fall. That's quite the spring ball practice.