U of I loses $1.4 million in lawsuit

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You wanted to keep one of the best coaches in Iowa history on a 5 year contract that just renews itself every year? Thankfully, you are not the AD. KF would have bolted 15 years ago for Jacksonville.

He wasn't ever going to Jacksonville. That is just another in the long lines of ******** stories hawk fans have created.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Ok. A source, kirks agent, leaked to the media that he was going to leave to take job he'd have been fired from within 5 years, in order to get a ridiculous new contract from iowa.

Wow. You're like jwr level smart with this one.

Actually you are pretty dumb on this one. It would be like Iowa fan saying Hoiberg didn't have any NBA interest if he would have wanted to stay in Ames, instead of bolting ASAP.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I would imagine so bc it was an admitted exhibit from the defense. Probably showing that she just trying to build a case bc that's one reason Barta said why it was becoming too difficult to work with her

This is really the key point. She was preparing for war early, and gathering ammunition for the suit. Meanwhile, Barta was not documenting the legit issues they did have with Meyer (ie the retaliation on players who complained about Griesbaum, generally being a horrible person to work with/for) and was so totally unprepared.

I think Barta & Co figured since she was so angry and miserable that would cover them for the legitimacy of the firing, but their story got overwhelmed by hers, since they didnt' really tell it. And he must have been getting dreadful legal advice along the way. Not saying the AD did no wrong, or she had no case, but if they'd have handled a few non-material things differently, they could have won.

I don't think there are any winners in this affair. Except Meyer's legal team.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This is really the key point. She was preparing for war early, and gathering ammunition for the suit. Meanwhile, Barta was not documenting the legit issues they did have with Meyer (ie the retaliation on players who complained about Griesbaum, generally being a horrible person to work with/for) and was so totally unprepared.

I think Barta & Co figured since she was so angry and miserable that would cover them for the legitimacy of the firing, but their story got overwhelmed by hers, since they didnt' really tell it. And he must have been getting dreadful legal advice along the way. Not saying the AD did no wrong, or she had no case, but if they'd have handled a few non-material things differently, they could have won.

I don't think there are any winners in this affair. Except Meyer's legal team.
To me it also seemed Meyer did not think Barta was a competent AD - and considering the Griesbaum firing, she may have a point.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Wow @HawkeyeMashup is straight up owning @YeahBuddy right now. Whoa
giphy.gif
[/Q
UOTE]

You have to love it when hok fans get on CF to argue with each other.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
To me it also seemed Meyer did not think Barta was a competent AD - and considering the Griesbaum firing, she may have a point.

It really doesn't matter what she thinks. That isn't her job to hire and fire head coaches.

Barta has never been a competent AD and it goes back much further than Griesbaum.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It really doesn't matter what she thinks. That isn't her job to hire and fire head coaches.

Barta has never been a competent AD and it goes back much further than Griesbaum.
According to Meyer, it mattered to Barta what she thinks. She testified that Barta told her she needed to support Griesbaum's termination.
As we'll find out next month, Griesbaum was one of Iowa's top coaches.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I think Pollard is great because he hired Hoiberg, Prohm and Campbell. Who has Barta hired that is good?

Fran, Brands and Heller...and he also didnt fire one of the most successful football coaches in program history like Pollard did.

Isnt it a little early to be calling the CMC hiring a success? I mean he has a 25% winning percentage at ISU.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fran, Brands and Heller...and he also didnt fire one of the most successful football coaches in program history like Pollard did.

Isnt it a little early to be calling the CMC hiring a success? I mean he has a 25% winning percentage at ISU.

FDislOmnXSE36.gif

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Add Prohm to that list as well. Still too early for him. Any coach could have made the NCAA tournament twice with what was left by Hoiberg.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Rural and YeahBuddy

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
How can you call CMC a good hire when he has only won 1/4 of his games at ISU, @CyTwins?

@MVCchamps is spot on. If you dont have anything to come back with its a stupid GIF or myth.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Kirk won 9% of his games his first year. Clearly he was a terrible hire

He was definitely an unknown at that point and I don't think any Iowa fans would have been saying he was a great hire at that point in his career.

• Agree
Reactions: YeahBuddy