U of I approves beer and wine sales at Kinnick, Carver, etc.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just waiting for the tweet saying sales will be in souvenir cups with the exception of Cy-Hok games were it will be distributed in 12 oz. Mini football shaped aluminum cans.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
From the KCCI Website they had an article about alcohol sales at Kinnick. There are going to 31 locations to buy beer, but none near the student section.

Here’s a quote from it:

“Alcohol sales will stop at the end of the third quarter. Of the alcohol sales, 30% will benefit Iowa's Alcohol Harm Reduction effort.”

This is really funny in so many ways. Sure Barta is steering the ship on this one as it sounds like some off the wall thing he would do.

Kinda like having a recovering alcoholic that gives speeches about recovering from it, yet he is the same guy that will transport bootleg Templeton Rye to you. In regards to the 30% of sales going to the
Alcohol sales will stop at the end of the third quarter. Of the alcohol sales, 30% will benefit Iowa's Alcohol Harm Reduction effort.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
and ......road game bathroom sex is far superior to home game bathroom sex. so there's that.

Of course road game sex is better for them. Have you seen the restrooms at Kinnick? If you're concerned about what your feet would encounter by wearing flip flops, what do you think would happen to your wedding tackle?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From the KCCI Website they had an article about alcohol sales at Kinnick. There are going to 31 locations to buy beer, but none near the student section.

Here’s a quote from it:

“Alcohol sales will stop at the end of the third quarter. Of the alcohol sales, 30% will benefit Iowa's Alcohol Harm Reduction effort.”

This is really funny in so many ways. Sure Barta is steering the ship on this one as it sounds like some off the wall thing he would do.

Kinda like having a recovering alcoholic that gives speeches about recovering from it, yet he is the same guy that will transport bootleg Templeton Rye to you. In regards to the 30% of sales going to the
Alcohol sales will stop at the end of the third quarter. Of the alcohol sales, 30% will benefit Iowa's Alcohol Harm Reduction effort.
Their AD is debt heavy. They have to do everything they can. Their 2020 report (before COVID truly hit) showed 199MM of debt. Our 2019 (last i could find, or I would have used 2020) had 66MM of debt. We took out 20 MM for Covid, they took out 50 MM for Covid.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The DMR had a piece about them only being able to hire half the game day workers that they need. I guess when they finally get into stadium they can stand in line a long time for overpriced beer. Maybe JorBo can throw crap at them while they wait.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The DMR had a piece about them only being able to hire half the game day workers that they need. I guess when they finally get into stadium they can stand in line a long time for overpriced beer. Maybe JorBo can throw crap at them while they wait.
For $10, JoBO will throw ice, drinks, cups, or whatever you provide at someone. For $20, he will sign it before throwing.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Just get Busch Light to be the official beer of the Cyclones and just roll those kegs into Jack Trice so we can buy $9 beer all day. You know we wont let you down, Jamie.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
For $10, JoBO will throw ice, drinks, cups, or whatever you provide at someone. For $20, he will sign it before throwing.

I always hoped custodial staff tossed his shoes in the trash with some kid’s melted dropped Clone Cone, but it would be kind of fun now that he’s anything for a buck if we kept them and auctioned them off.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I always hoped custodial staff tossed his shoes in the trash with some kid’s melted dropped Clone Cone, but it would be kind of fun now that he’s anything for a buck if we kept them and auctioned them off.
Or if we are up enough with a minute left, during a dead ball have the announcer announce that they have something that he forgot last time he was here and hand them back.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
Saves them from having to watching Iowa to play. They can then post a photo on social media and say they were there if something happened.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Their AD is debt heavy. They have to do everything they can. Their 2020 report (before COVID truly hit) showed 199MM of debt. Our 2019 (last i could find, or I would have used 2020) had 66MM of debt. We took out 20 MM for Covid, they took out 50 MM for Covid.
Not envious of that job, gotta be a b*tch trying to balance the books when you gotta pay coaches for games they don't coach in.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Or if we are up enough with a minute left, during a dead ball have the announcer announce that they have something that he forgot last time he was here and hand them back.
Meanwhile, in the real world, Iowa is going to steamroll ISU in bball this year.

• Informative
  • Creative
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
By how much? A steam roll is what 30 at minimum? You going to give that many points? Garza, Weezer and CJ going to shred us this year?
20 points minimum. It's going to be a blood bath. The blue hairs in carver are going to put down their crochet needles and riot. It's going to be F$*$*$* THUNDERDOME reincarnate!

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
20 points minimum. It's going to be a blood bath. The blue hairs in carver are going to put down their crochet needles and riot. It's going to be F$*$*$* THUNDERDOME reincarnate!
I don't think the blue hairs in carver will riot, because if they are sitting in carver for the cyhawk BB game, they are probably unsure exactly what is going on.